• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
In the foodservice industry it all comes down to $$. Per commercial foodservice supplier website, "When you add a coating or batter to a potato product you do two very important things; enhance crispiness and extend the length of time it stays hot and delicious. These are the ideal attributes if you want to reduce waste, increase profitability and satisfy your customers."

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
A restaurant can shave an ounce off a burger patty and simply use a four-inch bun in place of a five-inch bun so no one wonders where that ounce of meat went. The same goes for plates: when food prices rise, restaurants can switch from 12-inch plates to 11-inch plates without anyone noticing.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
In the foodservice industry it all comes down to $$. Per commercial foodservice supplier website, "When you add a coating or batter to a potato product you do two very important things; enhance crispiness and extend the length of time it stays hot and delicious. These are the ideal attributes if you want to reduce waste, increase profitability and satisfy your customers."
Yes I know the reason they serve them - they are fake crispy and tasteless. But some people claim to like them. I guess they want a tasteless "crispy" ketchup delivery vehicle. After all - ketchup is all American addictive red-colored, slightly-tangy corn syrup. Yummmmmm.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
I won't eat at any place that serves those damned abominable coated fries, period. Hear that, Whiskey Bravo? Grayton Seafood? Matter of fact, I'd like a list of every place in the area that shovels that garbage, so I can avoid them all.

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
I won't eat at any place that serves those damned abominable coated fries, period. Hear that, Whiskey Bravo? Grayton Seafood? Matter of fact, I'd like a list of every place in the area that shovels that garbage, so I can avoid them all.
Much simpler to make a list of good fries. There's been a couple of threads on here before.