• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Pretty obvious that there are personal conflicts/agendas going on here. The local paper is valuable and they don't owe you anything. It is a private business, not a government service. You don't have to read it.

Dotty Nist is a treasure and if it weren't for her diligence most of us wouldn't know what is happening here.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Pretty obvious that there are personal conflicts/agendas going on here. The local paper is valuable and they don't owe you anything. It is a private business, not a government service. You don't have to read it.

Dotty Nist is a treasure and if it weren't for her diligence most of us wouldn't know what is happening here.

Dotty Nist has not been mentioned in ANY of my references to that Mullet Wrapper!! In fact, about the only real news ever mentioned in that paper comes from her reporting. The rest is just fluff and stuff!!

It's unfortunate that you see an effort by Mayor Bob Campbell to spend upwards of $30 thousand dollars of County taxpayer money to clear private property as a personal agenda/conflict. The fact that it was also done without BCC approval and without the City Council's knowledge is even worse. Sunshine laws are no joke as Suzanne Harris can attest, not to mention the lawsuits and taxpayer money spent
on those, because the County LOST!

It's also unfortunate that you seem to think the taxpayers don't need to know who is responsible for costing the citizens of Defuniak almost 1/2 million dollars...1/4 of it in one cent sales tax fees because the audits were not completed and turned into the State on time and the other 1/4 million dollars because we have a Police Chief who wrongly terminated 2 police officers yet, kept the rogue police officer who lied under oath, whose credibility was ZERO when Mike Adkinson hired him having been fired by 2 previous law enforcement departments and possibly a 3rd. It's unfortunate that you didn't read about that in the news as well because the reporter covering the beat in NoWal wouldn't print the truth if her life depended on it.

It's also unfortunate that you sit and criticize people who actually care, who have done the research, and spent untold hours of their own time to bring the truth to the light because we want open honest government operated in the sunshine, If that isn't on your agenda too Mr. Bentwood, you are also part of the problem!

As for the paper being privately owned, yes, they certainly are but they are performing a PUBLIC DISSERVICE when they DON'T report the news and offer slanted, misleading articles that are half truth and innuendo rather than availing themselves of public records and actually reporting the news. As I said, Communism exists when Citizens are only allowed to hear one doctrine! I'm shocked but NOT surprised that you support that...many folks in this County suffer from the same affliction and it's why we continue to re-cycle the garbage!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
P.S Mr. Bentwood...It's also unfortunate that the City Attorney who is paid to offer legal advice didn't also step to the plate and deliver his findings from conversations including, the paper trail from the State Auditors to the State Attorney's office for prosecution but instead offered, "I'll see what I can do about going after Joe Brown", who wasn't bonded and we can't recoup from but not one word about going after the Mayor or Mac Carpenter. Seriously? Clayton Adkinson had absolutely no desire to protect the City (he was more interested in protecting the Mayor because he's a yes man for all the BS that goes on here) than go after those responsible for the 1/4 million dollar loss but it was damn sure his job to take his findings to the State Attorney when TAXPAYER money is involved. Clayton Adkinson also is NOT interested in holding Chief Mark Weeks responsible for the millions of dollars it may cost the City in lawsuits for the wrongful termination of those 2 officers. He is more interested in protecting a pi$$ poor administrator, rather than calling the Governors office and demanding he be removed. Why? Wanna talk about the evil in the room? Let's go there! What Mark Weeks knows would destroy Mr. Adkinson and he knows it.

Last edited:

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Dotty Nist has not been mentioned in ANY of my references to that Mullet Wrapper!! In fact, about the only real news ever mentioned in that paper comes from her reporting. The rest is just fluff and stuff!!

It's unfortunate that you see an effort by Mayor Bob Campbell to spend upwards of $30 thousand dollars of County taxpayer money to clear private property as a personal agenda/conflict. The fact that it was also done without BCC approval and without the City Council's knowledge is even worse. Sunshine laws are no joke as Suzanne Harris can attest, not to mention the lawsuits and taxpayer money spent
on those, because the County LOST!

It's also unfortunate that you seem to think the taxpayers don't need to know who is responsible for costing the citizens of Defuniak almost 1/2 million dollars...1/4 of it in one cent sales tax fees because the audits were not completed and turned into the State on time and the other 1/4 million dollars because we have a Police Chief who wrongly terminated 2 police officers yet, kept the rogue police officer who lied under oath, whose credibility was ZERO when Mike Adkinson hired him having been fired by 2 previous law enforcement departments and possibly a 3rd. It's unfortunate that you didn't read about that in the news as well because the reporter covering the beat in NoWal wouldn't print the truth if her life depended on it.

It's also unfortunate that you sit and criticize people who actually care, who have done the research, and spent untold hours of their own time to bring the truth to the light because we want open honest government operated in the sunshine, If that isn't on your agenda too Mr. Bentwood, you are also part of the problem!

As for the paper being privately owned, yes, they certainly are but they are performing a PUBLIC DISSERVICE when they DON'T report the news and offer slanted, misleading articles that are half truth and innuendo rather than availing themselves of public records and actually reporting the news. As I said, Communism exists when Citizens are only allowed to hear one doctrine! I'm shocked but NOT surprised that you support that...many folks in this County suffer from the same affliction and it's why we continue to re-cycle the garbage!
Start your own paper. You incessant whining and complaining about anything and everything government related is tainting what was otherwise a positive platform for our community. If you aren't part of the solution then you are part of the problem. I appreciate some of the issues you raise but am totally turned off by your negative attacks and snide caustic comments. I'm not alone. When you returned from your ban you toned it down for a little while and then you went right back to the same ol'. I assume since you came back under another name you are either ashamed of the posts you made under your previous name or you snuck in against the wishes of the admins.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Start your own paper. You incessant whining and complaining about anything and everything government related is tainting what was otherwise a positive platform for our community. If you aren't part of the solution then you are part of the problem. I appreciate some of the issues you raise but am totally turned off by your negative attacks and snide caustic comments. I'm not alone. When you returned from your ban you toned it down for a little while and then you went right back to the same ol'. I assume since you came back under another name you are either ashamed of the posts you made under your previous name or you snuck in against the wishes of the admins.

Trying to right the wrongs of the past ensures history doesn't keep repeating itself.

Trust this also Mr. Bentwood...these issues may well be exclusive to NoWal at the moment but if SoWal ever incorporates and you're facing the same issues let's see how long you remain convinced my comments are caustic and snide and if you sit and pass judgement on those trying to right the wrongs.

I'm ashamed of nothing I say! No one here is forced to read anything I write but you hang on my every word and make your own snide remarks.

Last edited:

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Trying to right the wrongs of the past ensures history doesn't keep repeating itself.

Trust this also Mr. Bentwood...these issues may well be exclusive to NoWal at the moment but if SoWal ever incorporates and your facing the same issues let's see how long you remain convinced my comments are caustic and snide and if you sit and pass judgement on those trying to right the wrongs.

I'm ashamed of nothing I say! No one here is forced to read anything I write but you hang on my every word and make your own snide remarks.
So you admit you are Misty and you are here without the permission of the site admins? I guess I should ask them.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Everyone who has ever been banned from this site is back under different names. :D
I know that's not true. Some are banned temporarily and some are banned permanently. Some have returned under different names with permission. I know that because I'm one of them. The issue I was upset about and crossed the line over was resolved. Temporary insanity defense. Now I head to the beach!

I'm careful to follow the rules now and won't call you any names.
SoWal forum rules & general info

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I know that's not true. Some are banned temporarily and some are banned permanently. Some have returned under different names with permission. I know that because I'm one of them. The issue I was upset about and crossed the line over was resolved. Temporary insanity defense. Now I head to the beach!

I'm careful to follow the rules now and won't call you any names.
SoWal forum rules & general info

I haven't called you any names.