• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Oh, and one more question. Is Uber a thing in SOWAL? Sure would like to avoid the parking challenge in Grayton Beach. And maybe have one more drink.
I think we have one driver. :dunno:

Have a free trolley though.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
OP: New "musts" opened within the past year or so would be Abrazo, Chiringo, and Surfing Deer (VERY poor start, but great now IMO). Not a new place, but since you asked I recommend that you AVOID Whiskey Bravo. They serve frozen food. Total garbage. Owner should be ashamed.
Owner is in paper every other week with some "charitable" promo...(Sarc) I recall them having lots of media attention.

Is the food really that bad. Haven't been. Boycott area since the tear down of the old motel in Seagrove.

Sounds like the unbiased spot is Abrazo.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Owner is in paper every other week with some "charitable" promo...(Sarc) I recall them having lots of media attention.

Is the food really that bad. Haven't been. Boycott area since the tear down of the old motel in Seagrove.

Sounds like the unbiased spot is Abrazo.

Whiskey Bravo is reliably very good, in my experience.

Also, fyi about Elmo's (someone mentioned it was horrible) - new owners for about a year and I've heard several good reviews from friends though I haven't been myself. One of the few very casual spots left with southern seafood.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I think we have one driver. :dunno:

Have a free trolley though.

There are multiple Uber Driver and Private Cabs around. I see them all the time.

If you ever Uber, ask them where they are from. Many come this way from Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties based on the demand and spend the day. Drop family at a public beach and make some extra $$$.

The "free" trolley has very little ridership. Why do you think they blocked out all the windows with the advertisements?

When you see the trolley sitting at the Tom Thumb for a significant portion of time, you know its not in demand.

I have no issue with it as long as I (taxpayer) don't fund it.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I've had a few good dinners at The Vue. Fun for a group of friends. It does have an incredible view. The food is OK.

We had a fantastic dinner at Whiskey Bravo with a bunch of us on girls night out. Still love their lunch menu with grouper sandwich or any of their salads.

Reminder: great lunch menu at Old Florida Fish House on an enclosed porch. Dinner, sushi and music nightly. We love this Seagrove lakeside spot.

My favorite thing ever is still Penne Chicken at The Red Bar or at Louis Louis. Sometimes Louis Louis has a special that you just can't refuse. Sometimes you just have to do The Red Bar on Sunday.

I want to try Elmos for seafood. Several friends have enjoyed dining there this year bragging on their southern seafood basket at the right price for food and drink. Apparently very family and kid friendly.
A/C now?