• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
Is this initative a binding referendum? I like idea of a vote. No matter what the outcome everyone had an opportunity to have a say.

I couldn't agree more.
Yes, the elected officials need to strap on a set and do their jobs. They are put in office to make these decisions, based on the will of the people that put them there.

Im sorry but I find it funny that when they do vote (especially against who ever spoke on the issue) you criticize and now that they are actually giving the people the chance to decide you critical of that too. I wonder if there is any way to please you. Not being a "troll" (Kaydence), I genuinely wonder if you can be pleased.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I couldn't agree more.

Im sorry but I find it funny that when they do vote (especially against who ever spoke on the issue) you criticize and now that they are actually giving the people the chance to decide you critical of that too. I wonder if there is any way to please you. Not being a "troll" (Kaydence), I genuinely wonder if you can be pleased.

I vote for elected officials to do what's best for the community where I live. I am "pleased" when those said individuals actually perform their jobs and make said decisions. Those decisions are then open to public comment and critique, which I often provide on this forum. I also feel the decision makers are mostly serving a higher power and have not a care in the world for my opine.

With that in mind, what is best with regards to the flag for our County, I ask you,the all seeing eye...:dunno:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I couldn't agree more.

You border on the ridiculous!!

I think it should have gone on the ballot the first time. so what makes you think I'm not pleased?

I'm not pleased that Cecilia Jones DOES NOT REPRESENT HER DISTRICT on this issue!!! You're right though in a sense, C. Jones doesn't impress me at all!

WORST County Commissioner ever elected in Walton County!!

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I truly doubt that if someone files a law suit I doubt this will be allowed to be put on a ballot. They need to LEAD , FOLLOW or get Our of the WAY!!!! Or GET OUT OF OFFICE. You were elected to make the tough decisions.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I think placing it on the ballot is the way to go. Seems that when we increased the sales tax to have garbage pick up, it was placed on the ballot. I also think it was non binding on the commissioners if I remember correctly. I just think sometime when there is such a decisive historical issue take it to a public vote. I will accept the vote whichever way it comes out.

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
I vote for elected officials to do what's best for the community where I live. I am "pleased" when those said individuals actually perform their jobs and make said decisions. Those decisions are then open to public comment and critique, which I often provide on this forum. I also feel the decision makers are mostly serving a higher power and have not a care in the world for my opine.

With that in mind, what is best with regards to the flag for our County, I ask you,the all seeing eye...:dunno:

To each their own John. Thanks for your opinion.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
I can't help but wonder how long it will be before the name of the nation's capitol is changed. And while the politically correct revisionists are at it why don't we tear down all the antebellum mansions and other "symbols" of southern culture that so many of you find offensive?

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
I can't help but wonder how long it will be before the name of the nation's capitol is changed. And while the politically correct revisionists are at it why don't we tear down all the antebellum mansions and other "symbols" of southern culture that so many of you find offensive?
What symbols have you decided we find offensive?

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I'm not sure how removing a confederate flag from the county courthouse equates to renaming the nation's capitol or tearing down antebellum mansions. Removing a flag from a location that is paid for with tax dollars does not preclude flying that same flag in a privately funded location. I haven't heard anyone who supports removing the flag from the courthouse propose destroying southern culture or destroying or burying history. Why do you view it that way?

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
I'm not sure how removing a confederate flag from the county courthouse equates to renaming the nation's capitol or tearing down antebellum mansions. Removing a flag from a location that is paid for with tax dollars does not preclude flying that same flag in a privately funded location. I haven't heard anyone who supports removing the flag from the courthouse propose destroying southern culture or destroying or burying history. Why do you view it that way?
Right wing media.