• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I never thought I would say this, but my former hometown Memphis made me proud the other day.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I can't help but wonder how long it will be before the name of the nation's capitol is changed. And while the politically correct revisionists are at it why don't we tear down all the antebellum mansions and other "symbols" of southern culture that so many of you find offensive?
Ah the good ole days, slavery, lynchings, cross burning, redlining, crisp white sheets with eye holes, and you could even call a spade a spade to his face! #MAGA

Last edited:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I'm not sure how removing a confederate flag from the county courthouse equates to renaming the nation's capitol or tearing down antebellum mansions. Removing a flag from a location that is paid for with tax dollars does not preclude flying that same flag in a privately funded location. I haven't heard anyone who supports removing the flag from the courthouse propose destroying southern culture or destroying or burying history. Why do you view it that way?

So...for those who want the flag removed, what are their plans regarding the actual Confederate Memorial? I've heard they don't mind the memorial; I've also heard the memorial is next on their list. I am afraid of the latter.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
When y'all succeed in banning the flag and other symbols of the old south and the Confederacy, maybe you could go on a crusade to ban southern accents.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Why not erect a monument to Steven Cozzie? It's local southern history isn't it?

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
I can't help but wonder how long it will be before the name of the nation's capitol is changed. And while the politically correct revisionists are at it why don't we tear down all the antebellum mansions and other "symbols" of southern culture that so many of you find offensive?
What symbols have you decided we find offensive?

@kayti elliott Care to answer the question or are you just a drive by troll?

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
Did you ask me a question? Is everyone with a different point of view from yours a troll? That's the feeling I get. Since you say I'm a troll, why don't you demand that I be banned from this forum?

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Did you ask me a question? Is everyone with a different point of view from yours a troll? That's the feeling I get. Since you say I'm a troll, why don't you demand that I be banned from this forum?
Well you certainly are trollish. But it may be you're just a racist idiot. Do you know what a question looks like? It has a ? mark at the end of the sentence instead of . or !

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Well you certainly are trollish. But it may be you're just a racist idiot. Do you know what a question looks like? It has a ? mark at the end of the sentence instead of . or !

Margie Jordan is that you ? ? ? <- Yes, those are question marks!

It's racist to assume that people who like something or couldn't be bothered by something that bothers you, are racist.

A racist uses his/her beliefs to put others down.

Racist is a term people use for something that they believe isn't fair.

A racist has no other task in life but to degrade and demean people of different opinions or skin color.

A racist is someone who makes crude remarks to another or insults them.

A racist is more obsessed with thinking about the past rather than thinking about the future.

Looking back over this thread @Jenksy...if the shoe fits...

A troll is one who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

A troll is a member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation!!

A troll is someone who uses social media to call someone else a racist idiot.

Again @Jenksy if the shoe fits for craps sake put the damn thing on!

By the way @Jenksy, Kurt has banned others for less than what you have gotten away with.