• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Crabbyfrye

Beach Comber
Oct 22, 2017
Miramar Beach
Asking your thoughts... I am a new Florida resident .. Renting for a year at a large resort area walk to the beach then BAM :dunno: a wall of umbrellas and chairs blocking my view of the beautiful view I moved here for .. And as the days went on the line grew longer and we had to walk farther and farther and the funny thing is " beach service" comes with rentals in the resort, UNLESS you rent for the year.. So then I notice the sign this resort puts up " no tents past this sign" yet its ok they block not only the view but am I supposed to fly over the umbrellas to gain access to the gulf .. HOW IS THIS LEGAL

Code enforcement will enforce 2017-05 Walton Beach Ordinance too.
Sec. 22-54. - Regulation of use and conduct on the beach and water bodies.
(r) It shall be unlawful to place beach equipment on the beach within fifteen (15) feet of the water's edge or within fifteen (15) feet of the toe of the dune or line of permanent dune vegetation on any regional or neighborhood beach access. [Guess with customary use on private property (r) does not apply.]
Beach equipment means items generally used for swimming, sunbathing or beach recreation, including, but not limited to, beach chairs, umbrellas, tents, hammocks and volleyball nets.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018

Dennyk

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2017
Seagrove
Asking your thoughts... I am a new Florida resident .. Renting for a year at a large resort area walk to the beach then BAM :dunno: a wall of umbrellas and chairs blocking my view of the beautiful view I moved here for .. And as the days went on the line grew longer and we had to walk farther and farther and the funny thing is " beach service" comes with rentals in the resort, UNLESS you rent for the year.. So then I notice the sign this resort puts up " no tents past this sign" yet its ok they block not only the view but am I supposed to fly over the umbrellas to gain access to the gulf .. HOW IS THIS LEGAL

Code enforcement will enforce 2017-05 Walton Beach Ordinance too.
Sec. 22-54. - Regulation of use and conduct on the beach and water bodies.
(r) It shall be unlawful to place beach equipment on the beach within fifteen (15) feet of the water's edge or within fifteen (15) feet of the toe of the dune or line of permanent dune vegetation on any regional or neighborhood beach access. [Guess with customary use on private property (r) does not apply.]
Beach equipment means items generally used for swimming, sunbathing or beach recreation, including, but not limited to, beach chairs, umbrellas, tents, hammocks and volleyball nets.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018

This does happen up and down the beach. My advice is get to the beach early and set up your chairs , wherever you want. Just leave and come back when your ready. When the service gets there they will have to work around you. This is what we do on our beach and no problems. I’m sure they don’t care for it but . Whoever gets there first gets the spot.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Where we stay, beach guys are required to leave open about 50 feet on each side of beach approach for those of us who don’t want their service. (At least it has beenbthat way. Fingers crossed for our 3 visits this year.) Ellen