• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
From WZEP...

MAN ARRESTED AT SCHOOL CARRYING HATCHET, OTHER WEAPONS
A man carrying a machete was arrested at a South Walton Elementary School Saturday, thanks to the quick thinking of a teacher.

On Saturday, Deputy Steven Tector responded to Butler Elementary School to investigate a report of a suspicious person on school property. The deputy met with school teacher Jamie Wright who said she was working and observed a white male riding a bicycle hanging out between two sheds on the backside of school property. Wright stated the male subject was not supposed to be there.

Deputy Tector located the male subject, later identified as Cameron Krause.

A quick check discovered Deputy David Talley the (School Resource Deputy) had previously issued Cameron a trespass warning on May 23rd of this year.

Cameron was immediately arrested for trespassing on school property. Cameron was searched and located inside his bag was a 3.5 inch fillet knife, a multi-tool, and a full-size hatchet. He told deputies the hatchet was for protection.

The weapons were seized and were placed into evidence. Cameron was charged with felony trespassing on school grounds while in possession of a weapon.

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
It's a shame the Principal of the school was not notified about the incident when the guy was arrested. Just seems like that should have been a common courtesy. The teachers name should not have been given in the article either. Opens up the potential for retaliation and putting the teacher in danger. Just my opinion.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Independent Thinker, how do you know she wasn't notified? just curious. A letter was sent home yesterday indicating that they were notified 'yesterday evening' which would have been Sunday. The arrest occurred on Saturday. I agree about the teacher's name being used. I know her personally and feel like she probably feels the same. Every detail does NOT need to be public knowledge.

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Independent Thinker, how do you know she wasn't notified? just curious. A letter was sent home yesterday indicating that they were notified 'yesterday evening' which would have been Sunday. The arrest occurred on Saturday. I agree about the teacher's name being used. I know her personally and feel like she probably feels the same. Every detail does NOT need to be public knowledge.

I know several teachers that work there, just repeating that they said the principal was upset that she was not notified the day of the incident. Don't know it for a fact, just here say from some reliable people.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Great work by all that participated, thank you for speaking up and protecting the kids.

Why was this guy issued a trespass originally, anyone know?