• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What's your choice?

• I'd like a Middle Beach Road for South Walton.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I'd like a new connector for Scenic 30A and Hwy 98.

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • I'd like a Seagrove Bypass.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

seanote

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2007
The route for a connector road as shown in this picture is a terrible idea. That is the only curve in 30a and the road would have to go over Eastern Lake tributaries. Definitely makes more sense on the East side of Eastern Lake where there are currently businesses already established and not neighborhoods. It should be considered that Watersound and Prominence will generate a lot more traffic in the future and the connector road should be closer to those developments in order to more accurately space the connector roads and to keep any of them from getting over/under used.

VoiceOfReason

Beach Comber
Jan 11, 2015
The route for a connector road as shown in this picture is a terrible idea. That is the only curve in 30a and the road would have to go over Eastern Lake tributaries. Definitely makes more sense on the East side of Eastern Lake where there are currently businesses already established and not neighborhoods. It should be considered that Watersound and Prominence will generate a lot more traffic in the future and the connector road should be closer to those developments in order to more accurately space the connector roads and to keep any of them from getting over/under used.

Agreed

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I totally agree with a connector just east of Bud's Lane. I can't see why a scenic highway devoid of all development would be such a problem to staunch environmentalist. Again, you see these kind of roads all the time in state parks.

But, I also think Somerset, directly west of the Tom Thumb, might be an interesting place. This intersection is already a cluster-duck. Installing a light and diverting people north rather than into the jaws of gridlock. I'm just throwing it out there. East of Eastern really rings my bell.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I think we need to connect existing roads and communities/developments, increase the bike paths, and provide alternatives to cars, instead of making roads through the forest that don't solve the issue.

Everyone being dumped onto the same roads at the same times is the problem. If a percentage of the 30a and 98 traffic was going through the secondary roads within or near their own neighborhoods, many traffic jams would be far less. We would also not be stuck in traffic whenever there was an accident on 98 because traffic could reroute.

second wind

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2013
Middle Beach Connector Road is an interesting concept. I think it could help decrease our 30A traffic. And I like the idea of a bypass around WaterColor and Seaside. I do think some body of our local and state government needs to act on relieving our heavy traffic on 30A and just stop talking about it. I love our state forests and enjoy them but gosh we surely have enough around here

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm cool with a connector that runs from San Juan to 395 or one that skirts the state park boundary from where Collaborations used to be to 395 with maybe 2 north/south connections i.e. San Juan. Dividing the state forest is not an option and I feel that any decision should include the following at the beginning:

THIS IS TO FIX AN EXISTING PROBLEM NOT PROMOTE FURTHER DEVELOPMENT

In fact it should be added to the LDC that this route cannot be used to justify development.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I think the place they are leaning towards is just east of Eastern Lake. As good a place as any. Really the best place, over all. To me, an interesting place might be Somerset, next to Tom Thumb. Completely rework that intersection to help everyone.
I'm cool with a connector that runs from San Juan to 395 or one that skirts the state park boundary from where Collaborations used to be to 395 with maybe 2 north/south connections i.e. San Juan. Dividing the state forest is not an option and I feel that any decision should include the following at the beginning:

THIS IS TO FIX AN EXISTING PROBLEM NOT PROMOTE FURTHER DEVELOPMENT

In fact it should be added to the LDC that this route cannot be used to justify development.