• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I found a few old photos. This can be a SoWal guessing game. Anybody know where and when these photos were taken?

A.V. White's Boat.jpg

Blue Mountain Circa 70's.jpg

Back of the Butler Store.jpg

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Yes, A.V. White's shrimp boat, sometime in the 70's. Grayton is correct, but can you be more specific?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Now, that's an old photo! Judging by the military style truck, I'm guessing early forties.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The second photo, I'm pretty sure, is Blue Mountain Beach, the intersection of Blue Mountain Road and 83, as seen from the hill, and it's way back in the early 70's.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
This is Tucker Bayou at the boat ramp on Scenic 395 in old Point Washington. The Truman Show asked for the boat to be moved so they could film the ferry scene. Apparently, even though the dock was public, it was a gray area since Mr. White had his boat there for so long. He said he wouldn't move it but money changed hands and the boat was moved.

At the time this happened there was a real dock there (although very worn out and crooked), more than the planks seen in this photo. The Whites might have built the dock?

a-v-whites-boat-jpg.57789

Last edited: