• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
A drone picks up each car and deposits it where it need to go.

WMW

Beach Comber
Mar 28, 2014
Update:
Option 3 was just approved at county meeting per agreement with Ebsco for land swap on N side & county abandoning right of way on S.

Last edited:

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
That is bad news. The county just sold the safety of locals and visitors to a family that doesn't want a bike path on our right of way which abuts their property on the Gulf. Not to mention the gridlock that will continue forever. We already made the mistake of allowing the restaurant and condos for that family on the opposite corner. Shame on Walton County politics.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The complications of moving the bike path to the south were fairly extreme. And, in all honesty, I really have a lot of sympathy for the people who own property on the south side. Many of these people bought their piece of heaven in the fifties, and have had their property chipped away by hurricanes and development ever since.

That being said, my thoughts still lean towards re-routing the bike path down Grove Street, or creating a grand, showpiece flyover bike and pedestrian bridge. The Gateway to 30-A! Just dreaming...

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It has never been a good situation. Some problems can't be solved. Anybody want to put a moratorium on all development? I didn't think so.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
That is bad news. The county just sold the safety of locals and visitors to a family that doesn't want a bike path on our right of way which abuts their property on the Gulf. Not to mention the gridlock that will continue forever. We already made the mistake of allowing the restaurant and condos for that family on the opposite corner. Shame on Walton County politics.
All they do is kick the can down the street, "her words",don't know her name not meadows...this time..beach vendors question....