• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
This issue is influencing property sales in the heart of Seagrove area. I've heard from potential buyers they prefer to stay clear from the congestion.
Hopefully this demise will be decided upon and worked out in the near future as quick as possible.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I was joking, earlier, about drones. I'm not joking about the suggestion of a bike path fly-over. It could be beautiful. It could be a graceful focal point, a gateway to 30-A. It could be a graceful concrete arch, but it, perhaps, could be dressed out in timber, a symbol of Seagrove. We have outstanding, local, architects who should latch on to this concept. My two cents.

That's the kind of thinking/goals we should have in South Walton - I agree. But, there is really no way. Yes, we have the resources but we don't have the leadership or structure in place to ever go there. Yes, it's more convenient to remain simply a county government with one representative. But we get what we get.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I think it would have to be extremely long to make it so it wasn't too steep to bike it.
You could grade the roadway down a couple feet, and I think a gentle incline would make it more gracefull and dune-like.

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
The problem with a flyover is that the area is so flat and it would have to be quite high to allow large trucks to pass under it. Lowering the grade of the path means it will flood, making the incline manageable would block off many properties accesses.

The real solution is moving the bike path to the south side of 30a! No major interstate style ramp needed!

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
The problem with a flyover is that the area is so flat and it would have to be quite high to allow large trucks to pass under it. Lowering the grade of the path means it will flood, making the incline manageable would block off many properties accesses.

The real solution is moving the bike path to the south side of 30a! No major interstate style ramp needed!
Exactly - so easy a caveman could do it.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I admit the bike flyover only looks good after several beers. How's this for an idea: just flip the existing highway and the existing bike path north to south. No need to change existing right of ways significantly. Cavemen unite!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It would be a major revision of the roadway, but just picture 30-a pushed northward to where the bike path is now, and then the bike path would be where 30-a is now. The right of ways could remain almost the same and the houses and property on south would remain as it. Simple!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
It would be a major revision of the roadway, but just picture 30-a pushed northward to where the bike path is now, and then the bike path would be where 30-a is now. The right of ways could remain almost the same and the houses and property on south would remain as it. Simple!
sounds like a good plan.