• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Maybe 6 years ago, $220 a week for one set. Wow $365! We bought beach chairs ($29) and umbrellas ($25) Tommy Bahama brand at Costco after that. Have replaced 1 chair. Also, bought those spiral, umbrella holders to dig/hold the umbrellas, bought them on 30A.
Have those Costco Tommy Bahama chairs lasted?...I have about 6 or 7 and they seem to all have sipper problems regularly. Good news Costco will always replace
But thinking of switching to a different brand..any suggestions?

Mike Smith

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
All my tommy bahama chairs have zipper problems. They've lasted pretty well. I have 9 and they have been used going on three summers and just had one tear today. Heard the wooden handle chairs mold so I'll probably stick with the Costco tommy Bahamas.

TJMay

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2005
"No. The vendors are not allowed to move your beach set up."

If a vendor's setup is unoccupied and not marked "reserved", Can it be moved?

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Have those Costco Tommy Bahama chairs lasted?...I have about 6 or 7 and they seem to all have sipper problems regularly. Good news Costco will always replace
But thinking of switching to a different brand..any suggestions?

Haven't used the zipper part so much. It was the stitching on one that was beginning to separate, so we bought a Costco replacement for it. Didn't want to be at the beach if it tore.

So....haven't tried another brand. Certainly a better deal than the beach set ups.

Ellen

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
The way , let's see, ALL other resorts market manage the vendor situation is that the vendors have a stand. People go to the stand and rent chairs. The vendor then goes and where available, sets up the chairs and umbrella. I am not sure why this isn't our policy too.

I see the ass clowns setting up umbrellas at 6am. Just wait until the 4th. We all need to get pictures at 6am from Friday to Monday and send theme to the county so they get it.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
The way , let's see, ALL other resorts market manage the vendor situation is that the vendors have a stand. People go to the stand and rent chairs. The vendor then goes and where available, sets up the chairs and umbrella. I am not sure why this isn't our policy too.
Because weak leadership...and stuffs...

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008

I see the ass clowns setting up umbrellas at 6am. Just wait until the 4th. We all need to get pictures at 6am from Friday to Monday and send theme to the county so they get it.

stands would appear to be a logical solution. I don't really understand why chairs are set up without committed sitters. is it the law of a near captive audience? chairs there, "oh nice, who do I pay?" from what i understand they are not all rented. so expensive for many and then no space for your own set up you sweated to bring ? how many vendor chairs go empty? how does that make sense? how are they taxed? rent amounts?

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Another stupid case of "that's the way we've always done it".

I don't like the idea of bidding out our beaches but would be better than current situation.

There's only probably like only 10,000 beach communities on this planet that have figured it out. If only we could ask around.