• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kristy l

Beach Comber
May 27, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Who do you recommend for internet service in the Santa Rosa beach area? We just moved here and most services we have called are $50+. Open to suggestions. Thanks

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Who do you recommend for internet service in the Santa Rosa beach area? We just moved here and most services we have called are $50+. Open to suggestions. Thanks
I believe you have the choice of Mediacom (cable) or Centurylink (dsl). We use Mediacom and have had pretty good qualry of service. But do make sure you protect your cable modem from power surges on the power and cable lines, otherwise you'll be replacing it every year. I can't comment on the QOS from Centurylink. I have heard a lot of good and bad about both companies and it may vary depending on your area. Ask your neighbors about their experiences.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Service seems to be inconsistent for both mediacom and centurylink- probably due to quality of infrastructure in different neighborhoods, and time of day/week and number of people in town. People complain mightily about mediacom customer service and service when you need it. SHould internet service degrade when raining? My centurylink dsl does - seems amateur to me. The wiring in my neighborhood is put together with chewing gum and scotch tape. have to have a service call a cople of times each year. Usually have to wait a day. Not too bad except for the 1/2 hour of stupid questions I have to slog through when calling about an outage. Is my modem plugged in and many more stupid questions.

I think eastern and maybe western areas of county have alternative service available. Also maybe some developments like rosemary and watercolor. I recently saw teams running new cable all over watercolor - maybe fiber?

GypsyJamie

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2015
I have to agree about staying away from mediacom. I have centurylink and have had great connection. The few times I have had a problem, they have either fixed it over the phone or sent a technician out to fix it.