• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
So I was just looking at school calendars Fall Break schedules from some of the top areas we always get a lot of visitors from. You know just getting a feel for what business will look like in October, since last October was still a really busy month for us. I searched by public k-12 schools. Look like the week starting October 9th will be the biggest with Atlanta and most of Tennessee. And since I was school calendar pages, I thought I'd just look ahead at what Spring Break 2018 might bring. Well, we better look out. I looked at 21 major school districts in the Southeast and 17 of them are on Spring Break the week of April 2! Does anyone remember "Atlanta week" last year? Pretty much all of middle Georgia is that week, along with Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga and Louisville! I'm thinking we better all go ahead and start hiring extra security officers and plan on a curfew again. It's a shame our Tourism Dept can't come up with someway to incent some of these school districts to come other weeks and spread it out a little bit. And we thought Hurricane Irma was bad?
Can we create a new catch phrase? Atlanta-gedden? :doh:

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
Hey - white, southern, middle and high schoolers need their own Urban Beach Week (aka Freaknik). South Walton Is The Place!

L.C. Bane

Beach Fanatic
Aug 8, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
This is zen season. Just enjoy a little down time and not think about it for a couple weeks.

images

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Is that truly true Truman? Will they be selling popcorn?