• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
One year ago today Pat Blackshear was sentenced for failing to report and lying about almost a million dollars of taxpayer money that was NOT collected by the planning department. Judge Ross Goodman opted to withhold an adjudication of guilty and sentence her to five years of probation, the release said. He ruled that Blackshear would serve only half of the probated sentence if she does not violate terms set down by the court.

www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20160912/former-planning-director-sentenced-on-perjury-charges

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
So what did the County do? They hired Mac Carpenter as the Planning Director who was part of the problem working under Pat Blackshear. Taxpayers lose again!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I think this is calling attention to a consistent issue with our county...

Its called the Planning Department, an arm of the BCC. Very unregulated and staffed with unqualified staff, mainly the leadership.

Look for most of our issues, expenses and problems in the county to stem from this failed department. Its all about CYA from the sins of the past.

To put someone like Carpenter into this position only calls attention the issues raised in the "Grand Jury" Investigation. He is referenced several times. Have you read the case file? It is public record and I believe its been posted on this site. If its not been posted, simply make a public records request for it.

Please also remember that the lead investigator in that "case" stated that there was much more to be investigated, yet to date, nothing has been done.

I guess if most people don't care about the potential levels of corruption with County Government, the alleged abuse of power will simply continue to go on as people keep their heads buried in the sand.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Seems like a lot of innuendo. Or guilt by association.

If corruption is rampant and so obvious then do something about it beside throwing poop.