• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Quite a few restaurants are closed right now for a short break for maintenance and renovations in this particularly slow period just after Thanksgiving and most will reopen after a week or so, or just in time for Christmas. I was out in Grayton Beach today and could not find anywhere open for lunch, except Chanticleer. We eat there often but I was craving tacos! So I drove up to Los Rancheros where you can always count on them to be OPEN any ole time.

Meanwhile, I realized that we usually try to keep a list here in the SoWal Dining Forum of who is open and who is closed and when. Please feel free to add to the list any info you may know. It's usually a short week or two closing for maintenance for most of our restaurants.

We'll see restaurants hopping just after Christmas and through New Year's Day. Let's support our great restaurants by having lunch out often and getting out for cocktails, dinner and good times with friends and family this winter. It's a great time to get out and enjoy your favorite spots, and try new ones...

George's | La Cocina | Grits & Grind
As they do each year George's at Alys Beach, La Cocina and Grits & Grind are now closed for maintenance and will reopen for Christmas. George's is planning a special NYE dinner so go to their Facebook page for details and reservations! The restaurants will be hopping after Christmas.

Edward's and La Crema restaurants in Rosemary Beach, both part of the Spell Restaurant Group, are OPEN for the duration, I think but will confirm. Two special places that stay pretty busy but now is the time to come out and enjoy the scene on Main Street. La Crema is open for lunch and dinner. Edward's opens at 5pm. Indoor/outdoor seating reminds me so much of European courtyard and sidewalk dining experiences in Italy and France. The food is some the best you'll find anywhere. Great wine selections too.

Follow all these amazing restaurants on social media. They are excellent pages (I mostly follow on Facebook) keeping fans up to date on great food shots, happy hour specials and all the rest. Great info and updates... I really appreciate these informative social media feeds.You can also go to their websites and see menus and sign up for newsletters. Wonderful communications about the food scene in SoWal.

24131807_1618315461524123_921595290353224688_o.jpg

24068389_1717214981642779_2671538169029858227_o.jpg

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Local Catch will be closed for annual maintenance Monday December 4th- Saturday December 16th.

The annual Local Catch Tacky Christmas Party is Saturday, Dec 23 - I'm thinking of going for some Christmas cheer, live music and just good local fun. The Local Catch team is planning a NYE Sunday Funday with Forrest Williams Band form 4pm til...

Follow Local Catch on Facebook for news, food, specials, happy hour and events. I really enjoy their social media - it's authentic and from the heart of the restaurant as their team keeps up with posts right from the restaurant. This is their Tacky Christmas party cover photo:

23915859_1916058651756662_1073195319691174674_n.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Reminder: The Red Bar is closed on Monday and Tuesday until March.

You can follow Oli on The Red Bar's Facebook page. I love this local page because it's just so genuine and so "Oli". He doesn't post a lot but when he does he means it.

The Red Bar Jazz Band is playing Wed-Sat for dinner hours. Dread Clampitt is in the house on Sundays - double shows (day and night), and DJ Vladi on Friday nights at 9pm. Plus, you never know who is going to show up on stage around here... This is a great local hang out in the winter time - as always. I plan to put in my time at the bar on any given night...

538607_10150768035438675_1042659280_n.jpg

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Goatfeathers sold all the fish and shrimp at the annual Sunday after Thanksgiving 1/2 price sale...so their closed and gone fishing and shrimping

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Goatfeathers sold all the fish and shrimp at the annual Sunday after Thanksgiving 1/2 price sale...so their closed and gone fishing and shrimping

Goatfeathers Seafood Market in Seagrove Beach is open for the duration.

Goatfeathers Seafood Restaurant and Market in Blue Mountain Beach will reopen Dec 26.

They have a new chef. Check him out on their great Facebook page. I always look forward to their winter meat and veggie lunch specials.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Great Southern Cafe got an overnight facelift last week and was closed very briefly. NOW OPEN for business. See you on the porch!

Follow Chef Jim Shirley on Facebook for food news and udpates on his local restaurants, all also worth a follow - great Facebook pages and other social media reflecting the spirit of South Walton filled with good food, drink, music and fun beach life. ALL are open for business: The Bay, Great Southern Cafe, 45 Central, Meltdown on 30A, Baytowne Provisions.

Great Southern Cafe on Facebook

24254933_1944746208874833_2337654160725909727_o.jpg