• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
Does the school board do anything now? From what I hear, the school board didn't do anything but rubber stamp the superintendent's orders for years.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Where did he announce he was running for School Board?

I don't know that he has. @bob bob posted a story here which I assume he copy/pasted from WZEP's website, without giving credit to his source about National School Choice week.

Regardless, the push to privatize public education and divert funding from public schools was part of Campanella's agenda.

The fact that he aligned himself with Cecilia Jones, Betty DeVos and Trump is enough reason not to vote for him should he decide to throw his hat in the ring again.

CartoonMark

Beach Lover
Apr 11, 2012
For goodness sakes, are there any Walton county citizens willing to step up and run for any of the three school board seats whose terms expire this year? We desperately need electable candidates that have educational experience, fresh attitudes, new priorities, and ideas.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
For goodness sakes, are there any Walton county citizens willing to step up and run for any of the three school board seats whose terms expire this year? We desperately need electable candidates that have educational experience, fresh attitudes, new priorities, and ideas.

Doesn't electable mean somebody who has access to a lot of money or people with lots of money?

CartoonMark

Beach Lover
Apr 11, 2012
No it means this....

e·lect·a·ble
[əˈlektəb(ə)l]
ADJECTIVE
  1. (of a politician or party) having the qualities which make election likely or plausible:
    "he was the most electable candidate in the field"

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
Andrew is one of the smartest men I know. Never had children in the school system yet wants to make a difference. Good for you Andrew.

Now the bad part is he has always been a Huge Cecilia Jones supporter. He helped manage her campaign and believed she was a good honest person.

Wish Andrew, I did not think she put you up to run. You do not need the Blue money or support . Hope you are running for the right reasons. If so you might wake up Walton County and truly make a difference for our children. I hope so .

If you are just running for the gang then count me out.

Suzanne Harris.
Amen to everything Suzanne said.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Doesn't electable mean somebody who has access to a lot of money or people with lots of money?

Tony Anderson didn't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of but aligned himself with money and today he is bought and paid for.

C. Jones was a retired school teacher and her net worth has increased substantially on a $59,793 dollar a year salary since she took office.

Bill Eddins Jr. made his way to the school board because of his daddy's influence despite the fact he has a horrible criminal record, had his teaching certifications revoked and miraculously reinstated and a penchant for your women barely older than his own children. His escapades have cost him a divorce and he will forever be known as the man who was publicly outed by one of the young women he was sleeping with. Also terminated from his position at Okaloosa Academy (a charter school) where it's alleged he was also dipping his wick where he shouldn't have! Superintendent did nothing even though he promised to do something and Eddin's is still the vice chair of the school board.

Jason Catalano (school board) was backed by C. Jones and blue money was hand picked by her to work in the planning department by meddling in the day to day operations of the county. The 1st Grand Jury investigation found Cindy Meadows and Larry Jones guilty, with Cindy Meadows having since being exonerated.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
No it means this....

e·lect·a·ble
[əˈlektəb(ə)l]
ADJECTIVE
  1. (of a politician or party) having the qualities which make election likely or plausible:
    "he was the most electable candidate in the field"

Not in Walton County it doesn't.