• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Just received this

Just wanted to give you a heads up, earlier today I filed election pre-qualification paperwork with the Walton County Supervisor of Elections to run for Walton County Commissioner in District 1.

Best regards,

Bill Fletcher

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
A man all can enthusiastically support. I do, and I'm looking forward to working to help Bill win this seat. If you don't know Bill, you need to. A down to earth, civic-minded, honest man with a servant mentality. Bill works hard for the community on multiple levels, from serving on the board of the Children's Advocacy Center, a driving force in the Kiwanis Club, a valuable resource as a member of the Senior Professionals, among other selfless roles he has played for years now. Get to know him, and you too will be glad to support him.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
This is great news! Let me know if I can help in any way, Bill.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
A man all can enthusiastically support. I do, and I'm looking forward to working to help Bill win this seat. If you don't know Bill, you need to. A down to earth, civic-minded, honest man with a servant mentality. Bill works hard for the community on multiple levels, from serving on the board of the Children's Advocacy Center, a driving force in the Kiwanis Club, a valuable resource as a member of the Senior Professionals, among other selfless roles he has played for years now. Get to know him, and you too will be glad to support him.
I appreciate the kind words! It is easy to get discouraged when you watch how so many things in this county are handled, but I refuse to give up. We have to somehow increase percentage of those that vote.

Beauford

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2015
As most of you receiving this email know, I am running for County Commissioner. Anyone receiving this email that does not want to be on my Campaign Mailing List, please let me know and you will be removed. For those of you that do want updates, please share with your contacts and Like/Share on Facebook, this would be a huge help. My web page, www.fletcherforwalton.com has the same information as below and much more, especially on how you can donate to my Campaign, just click on; OFFLINE DONATIONS or DONATE VIA PAYPAL. Someone is holding two Fish Fry fund raisers for me; one in Defuniak Springs on 6/2/2018 and one in Sandestin on 6/16/2017. Both will be from 5 to 7 PM and I will send you particulars very soon, SAVE THE DATES! I really appreciate everyone working and donating to this effort, THANK YOU!

Bill Fletcher is the retired CEO of a national company. After working his way up to CEO of JTM Industries, Inc., Bill spent 9 years as the executive leader growing the company’s annual revenues from $18 million to $62 million, making it one of the largest companies in the U.S. in that industry. After leaving JTM and moving to South Walton in 1998, he immediately became more involved, with his wife Mary, in many local charities. In 2003 they moved to Freeport where they currently reside. People remark constantly on how much they give to the community. His father-in-law served as a Colonel in the Air Force at Hurlbert Field, which is how they discovered this beautiful area. He was already visiting Walton on a regular basis for many years while he and Mary raised two children, and before they chose to move here full-time 20 years ago. Mary is very active as one of the top local licensed Realtors. Bill’s participation with other members of the Institute for Senior Professionals (ISP) in studies for the Walton County Economic Development Alliance, the Walton County TDC, the Sheriff’s Office and the City of DeFuniak Springs gives him a unique knowledge of issues and opportunities throughout Walton County. This wide-ranging understanding and dedication to the residents and their needs will make Bill an exceptionally effective member of the Walton County Commission.

Highlights of Bill Fletcher’s outstanding community involvement in Walton County:
  • Board President, Emerald Coast Children's Advocacy Center
  • Past Citizen Volunteer, Walton County Sheriff’s Office
  • Past Board Member, Kiwanis Club of Freeport-South Walton
  • Appointed Member, Walton County Zoning Board of Adjustment
  • Appointed Member, Visit South Walton’s North Walton Events Advisory Committee
  • Appointed Member, Walton County Triumph Committee
  • Member, US Coast Guard Local Auxiliary, Station Destin 2001-2014
  • Member & Former Board Member, Walton County Taxpayers Association
  • Board Member, Walton Area Chamber of Commerce (Member, Chamber Government Affairs Committee)
  • Past Board Member (2013-2017) Institute for Senior Professionals (ISP) executive advisory group of Northwest Florida State College
  • Member & past Chairman, North Walton Republican Club
  • Member South Walton Republican Club
  • Past Member 30A Republican Club
  • Associate Member, Walton Republican Women’s Federated Club
  • Walton County State Committeeman for the Republican Party of Florida
  • Spent several years collecting water samples for the Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance and with the South Walton Turtle Watch
  • He and his wife Mary have been particularly active the past 30 years in raising funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society & Relay for Life, including out-of-state events. Mary ran the New York and Disney Marathons for this cause.

While working with other members of ISP in a study of Walton County’s Economic Development Alliance, Bill made the initial contact with Love’s Travel Stops and convinced them to look at the Mossy Head Industrial Park as a location for one of their facilities. They made the first purchase of land at the Park, built a Truck Stop and hotel; leading to several other businesses buying land and locating there. Love’s has 450 locations in 41 states and Mossy Head ranks as one of their busiest.

Beauford

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2015
When a resident in District 1 filed for the District 4 race with no opposition, I decided to run. Either of us will have to move into District 4 if we are elected.
-Bill Fletcher

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Got this email ...

The past couple of days, I have a few friends with good intentions tell me my Campaign is in trouble because of support I am receiving from individuals in DeFuniak Springs and South Walton. Someone even said I have the wrong person as my Campaign Manager. The problem with that last statement is, I don't have a Campaign Manager! I do have several supporters all over this County and I deeply appreciate each and everyone of them, even though we have disagreement over various issues from time to time. I'm hopeful the vast majority of the voters realize they are voting for me and not for any of my supporters. Everyone considering voting for me needs to hear this message loud and clear. THERE IS NO INDIVIDUAL, ORGANIZATION, NOR SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP THAT HAS OR WILL EVER HAVE ANY INFLUENCE ON DECISIONS I WILL MAKE ON BEHALF OF THE CITIZENS IF I AM ELECTED COUNTY COMMISSIONER. Those of you that know me and have watched my efforts and decisions over many years on behalf of the citizens are well aware of this and I think this is why I have such widespread support. Please vote on August 28, 2018.

I really hope you will share this with everyone you know, thank you!

Bill

Beauford

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2015
It is most helpful if you will share with your friends and ask them to do the same. Please stress that, although much appreciated, no donation is required.

I'm trying to meet as many people as I can and hopefully some will take yard signs for their neighborhoods, or magnetic signs and bumper stickers for their cars. I also need lots of volunteers to help in various areas of my campaign.

I've said it before; although a few have contributed the maximum of $1,000, I would love to see a few thousand send me $10 or $20 bucks.

This would show interest in this very critical election and hopefully encourage them to vote.

You can go to my web page, www.fletcherforwalton.com and learn about donating with a check or through PayPal. Important voting information is on www.votewalton.com.

Please vote on August 28th, thanks!