• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
I have tried to get answers from rental companies but it seems they want to push me to rentals that have a private beach but I like to go different places along 30a in south walton. What is the situation? Or should I just stay in Destin? Thanks in advance!

I would find a place in Miramar Beach, west of Sandestin (way too crowded), and east to Crab Trap. If you don't have to be right on the water, there is plenty of beach space. Avoid 30A area. It's not the eye of the CU hurricane, its the EYEWALL.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
I would find a place in Miramar Beach, west of Sandestin (way too crowded), and east to Crab Trap. If you don't have to be right on the water, there is plenty of beach space. Avoid 30A area. It's not the eye of the CU hurricane, its the EYEWALL.
haha - a transparent attempt by a 30ahole beach owner. :rolleyes::nono::whack:

Next thing you know flesh eating bacteria will be infesting the waters off "private beaches". :moon:

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
haha - a transparent attempt by a 30ahole beach owner. :rolleyes::nono::whack:

Next thing you know flesh eating bacteria will be infesting the waters off "private beaches". :moon:

EZ, you are consistent. Consistently wrong. :lol:

I definitely am not a beachfront "owner". I just know Miramar is kind of a mixed bag in that it's not the madness of Destin or the growing intensity that is 30A and is pretty laid back.

I did not share the prime spot where you can still have the 40/50 years ago beach experience. We all have our little secret spots, right? ;)

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
I posted the images of what's happening in Destin recently.

Anyone seen what beach vendors in Destin doing?

Yeah, I saw the picture of all the beach chairs near the water made to be a barricade between the water and sand to keep people off the sand. Never will stay in Destin. Or anywhere along 30A. These people that think they own down to the water need to pull out their property surveys. Those show where their property line actually is like anyone else's does. I can bet you many of them don't own down to the water.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Any of our Florida State Parks are excellent for going to the beach. Deer Lake is a long haul to the beach But it's beautiful Grayton Beach State Park is very popular. Topsail Hill Preserve State Park is wonderful. Not sure how strict they are about restrictions on alcohol for those who like a cold one.

beachma

Beach Lover
Apr 22, 2005
We are renting a home in Summer's Edge near Eastern Lake. Other than getting down to the beach before the beach chair/umbrella vendors set up, last year we had no issues setting up for the day in front of the beachfront homes that are a part of Summer's Edge. Can we expect this to be the norm this year?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
We are renting a home in Summer's Edge near Eastern Lake. Other than getting down to the beach before the beach chair/umbrella vendors set up, last year we had no issues setting up for the day in front of the beachfront homes that are a part of Summer's Edge. Can we expect this to be the norm this year?
Don't you just really enjoy a nice vacation where you must get up at sunrise to get a beach spot? #restfullvacay