• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
“Reflections on the Life of the Spirit” is the title of a talk to be given May 3 to the Emerald Coast Meditation Society. Speakers will be Drs. Ron and Sandy Frazer, longtime students of the Baha’i faith.

The Emerald Coast Meditation Society meeting is at Christ The King Episcopal Church,480 N. Co. Hwy. 393, one-half mile north of Hwy. 98

Their talk will “explore the concept of life after death in the context of the Bahá'í writings, an Abrahamic religion that celebrates the common threads in all the great religions of the world,” explain the Frazers. “As God’s Word tells us, ‘I have made death a messenger of joy to thee. Wherefore dost thou grieve?’”

Bahá'ís believe that the founder of the Bahá'í Faith, Bahá'u'lláh, is the latest in a series of universal messengers who are part of God's plan to elevate mankind to higher levels of civilization “until we achieve the Kingdom of God on Earth,” says Ron Frazer.

The Frazers have been studying the dozens of books that comprise the Baha’i Writings for two decades (Sandy) and three decades (Ron). From the Bahá'í perspective there is no conflict between the essential teachings of the great religions, say the Frazers. “They vary only in their social teachings and the man-made doctrines that have been added over the centuries.”

Sandy Frazer, a doctor of naturopathy, has five years of hospice experience in the Washington, D.C., area and four years of caring for the elderly on the Emerald Coast. Ron Frazer, whose doctorate is in natural health, is the author of “Healthier Happier Now,” a compilation of wellness articles, and three novels.

The meeting will start with a 30-minute meditation at 6:30 p.m. The evening will conclude with a short guided meditation. Anyone who needs meditation instruction should arrive by 6:15 p.m. The ECMS is ecumenical and does not follow any religion. There is no charge.

For information contact Nancy James, nancyjames@embarqmail.com