• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Walton developer asks for neighbors' input

Joyce Owen, Florida Freedom Newspapers

Friday January 25th, 2008

Comment on this Story | Read Comments

Jason Comer wants residents of South Walton to be the first to know his plans to develop a small neighborhood in Inlet Beach.

When Comer, Alys Beach?s town founder, announced the project this week, he said his first goal was to call the families that live in the neighborhood and talk with them about his plans for Lupin Beach.

?Our family had the great fortune of owning this property as far back as 1968, when Inlet Beach barely had six or seven homes,? Comer said. ?We spent the summers here, often without another soul in sight.?

Now the Alys Beach town founder wants to develop the land with a small, upscale residential development similar to the mix of housing in the surrounding area. The project will not include any businesses or commercial uses.

?I'm told that the best way to describe the location is that it is the southeastern-most point in Walton County that borders Bay County at Camp Helen State Park and the Gulf of Mexico,? Alys Beach marketing director Mike Ragsdale said.

Comer will work with neighbors, local officials and members of the community to ensure the seven-acre development is an asset to the area. Work has already begun to restore and enhance the property?s dune system, which will help to preserve the natural habitat.

Comer is setting up a community advisory panel to holding meetings that will be open to the public. All meetings will take place prior to filing a zoning application with the county.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
re: Lupin Beach - new development in Inlet Beach

? I am assuming this is Gulf Side?

I cant for the life of me picture where this is???

anyone??:dunno:

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest

It's gulf front down on the east end of Inlet Beach....where that old shack has been sitting in the middle of the dunes for years. I've been wondering when they were going to start doing something with that property.

Walton Magnolia Lane.

Last edited:

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO

It's gulf front down on the east end of Inlet Beach....where that old shack has been sitting in the middle of the dunes for years. I've been wondering when they were going to start doing something with that property.

Walton Magnolia Lane.

When we stayed in Seacrest Beach this past August I noticed that it was gone. That used to be my reference point to walk to in the mornings.

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest

When we stayed in Seacrest Beach this past August I noticed that it was gone. That used to be my reference point to walk to in the mornings.

I drove by there when I was down for the holidays and didn't even notice it missing. :lol:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La

Walton Magnolia Lane.
ok, that is what I thought. I used to love to play by that "old abandoned house":love:

No Big Blue Sign??

:clap:good one....
you know? there is not one on the east end of Walton County and the sign that is on the east end of 30-A points inlet beach going west, AWAY from inlet beach. :rotfl:talk about confusing a tourist!!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Somewhere, I have a photo of that old house.