• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Calling All Builders: Join the fun at the 2008 Cottages for Kids

Alys Beach – The Fonville Press and Alys Beach Sales Center provided the site for the 2008 Cottages for Kids Kick-off Event hosted last Thursday evening by Children’s Volunteer Health Network and Alys Beach. Cottages for Kids is one of CVHN’s most popular fundraisers.

Cottages for Kids relies on local builders and architects to design and build playhouses. During November, these playhouses (Cottages) are on display on the East Long Green at Rosemary Beach and are auctioned on November 29th. The 2008 theme is “Earth Friendly…Kid Approved!” Kids of all ages can come and explore these fantasy cottages during the month of November and learn about “green” building practices and how to protect their earth.
Over 50 people attended the CFK Kick-off, networked, and listened to a 30 minute presentation by the 2008 CFK committee. Builders and committee members Susannah Rice and Britton Bartlett talked about the builder guidelines, using examples from last year’s playhouses. Jim Bagby, town manager of Rosemary Beach was there to support the project and network with potential builders.

The original artwork of Billie Gaffrey was unveiled at the kick-off. Billie provided the design for this year’s Cottages for Kids theme and logo: “Earth Friendly…Kid Approved.”

Last year’s Cottages participants present at the kick-off were talking up the event to the first-timers, expressing their delight in supporting such a great cause, while receiving the benefits of marketing their talent. Craig Baranowski, President of CJB Construction, along with Chris Stoyles of Archiscapes were the first to officially sign up to design and build a playhouse for the 2008 event.

“This project relies on the generosity of so many people, from sponsors to volunteers,” says Susannah Rice, Co-Chair. “Without the builders, designers and architects who create these dream playhouses, we wouldn’t have an event.” Anyone interested in being a builder or sponsor or learning more about CFK can contact Kate Johnson at (850) 231-4119.

Children's Volunteer Health Network, Inc., HEALTHY HAPPY KIDS, is a faith-based 501(c)3 organization established in 2005 whose mission is to enhance the lives of uninsured and underinsured school-aged children by facilitating free, immediate access to medical, dental and mental health care. For more information about Cottages for Kids, go to www.cottagesforkids.org, or visit the CVHN website at www.cvhnkids.org.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Last year's photos - photos - Cottages For Kids - 11/5/07 - SoWal Beaches Forum

071106-rosemarybeach-002.jpg

ciclismo

Beach Comber
May 19, 2008
Last year's Cottages for Kids was a blast. It was like a mini-theme park for the kids and they were running around with the biggest smiles on their faces. I look forward to an even better event this year!

-ciclismo

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Last year's Cottages for Kids was a blast. It was like a mini-theme park for the kids and they were running around with the biggest smiles on their faces. I look forward to an even better event this year!

-ciclismo

The kids love those cottages. So do I!

appalach

Beach Comber
May 16, 2008
Love the Sponge Bob/Pineapple under the Sea cottage photo!! Chris Stoyles designed that one last year, and he was mentioned in this article as having already signed up for 2008. Everyone who devotes their time and energy towards this project deserves many thanks. :clap::clap::clap: I haven't had the chance to meet any of the other architects, but Chris designed some plans for us. He is an enthusiastic, great guy with fabulous ideas. I have been really impressed with the Archiscapes team, and for anyone needing the help of an architect, I would encourage you to consider them. It doesn't surprise me that he is already planning to participate in this year's event. I can't wait to see the new cottages. Everyone who is instrumental in pulling this event together deserves some praise. Great job!!!

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
Anyone interested in helping with this fundraiser, please join us for a General Cottages for Kids Event Meeting on Wednesday, June 4 at the Rosemary Beach Town Hall!
CommitteeMeetingInvite.jpg

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is probably my favorite annual charitable event in the area. Great cause and cool playhouses. I would love one of these for my kids.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Here's the text for the above invite:

Come join the FUN!

We will be holding a general

Cottages for Kids

Event meeting

On