• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
The Destin Harbor will be dancing with holiday lights and cheer during the 29th Annual Destin Boat Parade. Come enjoy live music, children’s arts and craft and hot chocolate! Visit with Santa Claus from 12-4 PM at HarborWalk Village's Main Stage. Boat Parade will light up the harbor beginning at 6:00 PM.

Fireworks at 8:00 PM!

More info...

The Destin History and Fishing Museum and Margaritaville will be hosting the 29th Annual Holiday on the Harbor Destin Boat Parade with Fireworks sponsored by HarborWalk Village on Sunday, December 13, 2015. Festivities will be held that afternoon all along the Harbor and the Lighted Boat Parade will start at 6 P.M. with judging upstairs at Margaritaville. Awards will be presented on the Main Stage at HarborWalk Village after the fireworks.

Boats will start lining up in the Harbor between 5 and 5:30 PM. Mark your calendar and plan to add this event to your holiday activities. The parade can be viewed from docks and restaurants west of Grand Harbor Condominiums on Destin Harbor. A fireworks show sponsored by HarborWalk Village will light up the sky at the end of the boat parade. All commercial, charter, and private boats are invited to help light up the Harbor with the true Destin spirit.

12003133_10153456891476329_6973253476848605230_n.jpg

You may pick up an entry form in person at the Museum, Destin Community Center, City Hall, Destin Chamber of Commerce, or many Harbor businesses. You may also request an email copy by calling the Destin History and Fishing Museum at 850-837- 6611 or email kathydestinhistory@gmail.com. There is a $25 entry fee per boat. There will be awards in ten categories: private 30 ft. and under, private 31 ft. and over, charter/commercial boat 30 ft. and under, charter/commercial boat 31 ft. and over, tour boat/motorized 50 ft. and under, tour boat/motorized 51 ft. & over, sailboat 30 ft. and under, sailboat 31 ft. and over. Prizes will be awarded in each category. An additional award will go to the Best Overall lighted boat entry. The City of Destin is sponsoring an award to the boat that best showcases the harbor heritage. In case of bad weather, the event will be held on Sunday, December 20.

More info at Destin History and Fishing Museum

MikeBrasco

Beach Crab
Dec 6, 2015
Hey, everyone, this is my first post here, greetings from Chicago, Ilinios. I was researching boating-related events in Florida and i came across this thread. As I already mentioned, I am from Chicago, however, I will be moving to the Sabbia Beach Condos complex in Pompano Beach, FL with my wife and two other families sometime next year for some hedonism after retirement. And from what I've read so far, the Destin Boat parade, although a bit far away from Pompano Beach, should be quite an enjoyable event. As it happens, I do own a sailboat, and also the friends, who will be moving with us, are all avid sailors. I was wondering if there was someone here who would be so kind as to give us some more details about the event. We would very much like to participate in next year's parade and, if we receive positive feedback, stay a couple of days and relax with our families in Destin or the area. Thanks very much, love, Mike ;)