• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Washington DC puts on a great show, but my personal favorite were viewed sitting on a mountain top looking back over the village of SnowMass, CO, miles away.

makinmemories

Beach Crab
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Rosemary Beach Fireworks

If we are staying on Seagrove Beach will we be able to view the great fireworks that they set off in Rosemary Beach? We heard they are the best but we are trying to figure out if we will need to get closer. Thanks!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
You will need to get closer. The middle of Seagrove (HWY 395) is 8 miles from Rosemary Beach.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Last year (and probably this year) we went to Inlet Beach. Because of the curve of the Gulf we could see Pier Park, Carillon, and then ROsemary, Seaside and many more up and down the Gulf.

Plenty of parking and was safe. :wave:

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
I have seen mention of this several times, but have yet to find an answer.

Is there a firewords display in the 30-A area? If so when and where?

Grayton Beach is usually pretty lit up (by individuals) and I like it cuz you can see the 'works in Grayton, and then look down the beach towards both Destin and PCB and see them going off in both directions. Very pretty.

Also, I just saw something posted about the parade in Seaside at 8:00 (I assume that is PM)--what is that like?

The Seaside parade would be 8:00 AM. From my office next to the Village Market (Seagrove On The Beach Realty), we used to sit on the front porch to watch it go by. Be sure you get there early, though, traffic pretty much stops from all directions at about 20 min. til' and doesn't move until the parade is done.

Mostly people on bicycles w/ streamers and decorated boats on trailers; nevertheless, a good time will be had by all! Give it a try! :D

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
Seaside usually does a very nice show from a boat in the water. Call to make certain they are doing it this year.

Grayton Beach is a bit too crazy for me....liquor and fireworks don't mix.

The Seaside Parade is a lot of funn. Tell me where you will be standing and I will throw you some candy! :wave:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Ok, since we are not just including SoWal,

Disney World, all the way, what a show, fireworks in the round, have to see it to believe it.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Yikes it is getting close isn't it!

PC-Downtown marina, very crowded and traffic is ungodly.
PCB-The Princess condominiums has a private show done by a resident. It's actually larger than PC's display.
Also PCB does one at Pier Park if I remember correctly. Traffic should be better since it's close to a highway.
Carillon Beach-I've heard of it, but never seen it.
Rosemary Beach-see above
Seaside-Very nice display over Gulf, you can sit in the amphitheatre and watch, but again traffic is a draw back.
Grayton Beach-"amatuer" show, but a lot of drinking, not recommended for small children, pregnant women, or those with heart conditions.
Anything west of 30A-probably nice, but traffic and crowds will be ungodly! If you do go best bet is to hunker down and wait til most people leave. This isn't always the best option for folks with small children.

Also a reminder for renters! If you are leaving on Saturday there are most likely people coming in behind you. If you party please remember your check out time and be courteous to those coming in, you wouldn't want to wait to get in because someone couldn't get out of bed in time. ;-)