4th of july fireworks

Discussion in 'Events and Activities' started by xan anagnos, Jun 22, 2008.

1. waterst1

waterst1 Beach Lover

Rosemary Beach has an outstanding show and it is safe to watch.

2. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

I may be leaning toward the Rosemary, PCB shows this year but have enjoyed Niceville's fireworks often in the past. A family member had a home just off of Bayshore Drive so it was convenient for us.

Another place...the 331 Causeway. Not only do you have (normally intoxicated) amateur displays, but you can see (and not hear!) Niceville, Sandestin and Destin. I like seeing fireworks, but having a phobia of explosions I get very nervous when I am too close. This is why I typically don't do the causeway.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  3. seagrovegirl

seagrovegirl Beach Fanatic

I think I will be hiding at home and thankful I am not a firefighter/EMT......or head norh to the mountains.

4. kitlit

kitlit Beach Fanatic

Chicken! :D

5. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Gettysburg battlefield is another great place to see fireworks. It is more filled with history and meaning than other places where the focus is on drinking and partying.

I don't like sitting near the amateurs, but being a former trained and certified, Pyro-technician, I do like being close to the deep-sounding BOOMS.

6. seagrovegirl

Smart, uninjured chicken! The best parties are at home anyway..........by the way...I bought you some fresh tonic...........:funn:

7. kitlit

kitlit Beach Fanatic

WooHoo! :D

8. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I[m not sure that Dr Skunky will be on call for the 4th, so be careful out there with the amateur drunks. There is a good reason why so many people are injured and die from fireworks every year.

One big warning:
    never trust a guy with a lit bottle rocket. They are likely to point it in any direction without thinking, when the sparks begin to burn. Safety First: always wear proper protection for all human body parts.

Caution, a little potty mouth, and Plumber's crack nudity:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISX7GItNcIs&playnext=1&playnext_from=QL"]YouTube - Dare B-Right Bottle Rocket Butt[/ame]

Caution! Don't get so drunk that you let your "friends" talk you into launching bottle rockets out of your body parts. However, if you do happen to get that drunk, be sure to bring some tinfoil to keep the sparks from making you tense your muscles.

... Video Warning: a little potty mouth and nudity (butt).
    [ame="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1195/"]Sam's Butt Rocket Video@@AMEPARAM@@file=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/buttrocket.flv&mediaid=1195&title=Sam's Butt Rocket &tags=butt,fireworks&description=Classic: Just when we thought we've seen every ass bottle rocket stunt.&displayheight=325&backcolor=0x0d0d0d&lightoclor=0x336699&frontcolor=0xcccccc&image=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/buttrocket75.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@2006/07/buttrocket@@AMEPARAM@@1195@@AMEPARAM@@Sam's Butt Rocket@@AMEPARAM@@butt,fireworks@@AMEPARAM@@Classic: Just when we thought we've seen every ass bottle rocket stunt.@@AMEPARAM@@2006/07/buttrocket75.jpg[/ame]

Caution: never step in front of a lit bottle rocket when lighting it in your friend's crack.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pKKbwVN26k"]YouTube - kyle mike shoot bottle rocket butt 2[/ame]

Caution: be careful of the splinters from bottle rockets. Again, caution about walking in front of lit bottle rockets hanging out of your friend's crack.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gNcXqDWxIY"]YouTube - bottle rocket butt shot[/ame]

9. seagrovegirl

What is it with boys and fireworks!!!!!! DANGEROUS!

10. seagrovegirl

I think we'll shoot the Tater Gun this year....oh...I mean the Tater Cannon...it is eight feet long.

11. Indigo Jill

Indigo Jill Beach Fanatic

Here is a round up of 4th of July activities I posted about. Hope it helps!

DAY TIME

* 8am - Grayton Beach community parade down DeFuniak Street. The parade starts at the Red Bar and ends right before Grayton General on the corner of 30A.
    * 8:45am - Rosemary Beach Bike Parade starting in North Barrett Square and end on the Western Green. The Emerald Coast Pipes and Drums will again lead this year's parade
    * 8am - Seaside Parade down 30A. The parade starts in Seagrove and ends in Seaside.
    * 9-11am - Family Field Day at Rosemary Beach on the Western Green. Sack races, three-legged races, hula-hoop contests, a water balloon toss, music, moonwalk and much more.

NIGHT TIME ACTIVITIES AND FIREWORKS

* 5-10pm - Red, White & Baytowne Celebration and Fireworks at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin - Village Events Plaza.
    * 8:45pm - Fireworks at Rosemary Beach. Sit on Western Green, Eastern Green or get a front row seat on the beach. Concert on the Green before the fireworks from 630-830p featuring Sticks and Stones.
    * 7:30pm - Fireworks at Seaside. Concert in the amphitheater from 7:30pm until dusk when there will be a fireworks show. Sit on the beach for front row seats.
    * Dusk at Grayton Beach behind the Red Bar. A local's tradition. Light your own fireworks or watch others light fireworks. Not the best choice if you have small children or are elderly and have never been. It's not necessarily dangerous but not particularly safe either.

12. seagrovegirl

It's a free for all!!!!! Not for the light hearted or for the very drunk.

13. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

I am starting to get the sense that my decision to leave town for the 4th of July the last 5 years was a very good idea! :blink:

The fire extinguisher is coming out from under the sink!

14. lennonsdarlin

lennonsdarlin Beach Lover

If you're on the water....the middle of the bay...soooo exciting, you don't know where to look next...you're surrounded!!!!!! AWESOME!!!

15. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

yep. brilliant idea. i keep saying I'm going to leave town over the fourth but I don't want to be anywhere traveling on the road or by plane during any holiday. low key is key.

16. florida girl

florida girl Beach Fanatic

Where's the fireworks?

The price of gas being prohibitive, particularly for a boat, does anyone know where local fireworks will be held? We usually go to Panama City via boat, but about $400 for gas causes second thoughts. Driving into Destin isn't so bad, but getting out of Destin, is a nightmare!

17. arkiegirl

arkiegirl Beach Lover

would someone please tell me........fireworks

we are in seagrove (near one seagrove place), would someone please tell us where the best and closest spot to go watch fireworks will be tomorrow night.

Everything I have read is running together--keep in mind when you tell me I am a tourist and I am not familiar with the area.

18. Santiago

Santiago Beach Fanatic

Just go out on the beach. You will see fireworks in every direction. If you really want to be close and see the best fireworks, I would say Rosemary Beach.

19. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

Anywhere you can have a good view of the beach, Panama City Beach, Destin and the local area. In other words, as the previous poster said, every direction. We sit on our walkover and can always see them any direction we look up and down the beach. Enjoy!

20. Dia

Dia Beach Fanatic

what time do the fireworks start? (this is our first 4th in sowal)