• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
292917_349760428434142_1075731156_n.jpg

Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival
October 19 & 20, 2012

Known as the “Best Beer Fest on the Emerald Coast,” the popular festival features 40 on-site craft brewers, over 200 domestic and international beers, seminars and samplings and live music. Beer novices to beer lovers will be able to sample domestic and international options, including specialty, seasonal and not-yet-released beers. Guests will also be able to register for a seminar Friday evening highlighting “Three Decades of Craft Beer: A Taste of History and Today” presented by John Holl, an award winning journalist beer expert and book author based in New York. Tickets are on sale, presale $25 and $30 day of. For information visit www.baytownebeerfestival.com.For accommodations just steps away from the action, call (866) 627-9341 or visit www.sandestin.com/beer. Sandestin is offering several options including a FREE night, with the purchase of two (code: FREE3), a special Beer Fest package with accommodations and tickets to Saturday’s Craft Beer Tasting (code: BEER12), and special military rates are available.

page0001%2520%252836%2529.jpg

FRIDAY OCTOBER 19

Beer From Around Here BBQ at Marlin Grill
6PM | $35

Join Marlin Grill for a Friday night BBQ on the Events Plaza Lawn. This year's theme: "Beer From Around Here" will feature locally brewed ales and favorites from throughout the Southeast region. All paired with delicious gourmet grilled meat and side items. Enjoy live music from 6-8pm. For more information call Marlin Grill at (850) 351-1990. Purchase tickets online or at Marlin Grill for $35. Event is from 6-8pm. Rain or Shine.

Menu Pairing:
Buffalo Brisket
Venison Sausage
Free Range Chicken
Beef Short Rib
Pulled Pork
Smoked Tuna Dip

Paired with beer from the Grayton Beer Company, Lazy Magnolia, Abita Beer, Pensacola Bay Brewery, and Red Brick Brewing, and more.

FRIDAY OCTOBER 19
"THREE DECADES OF CRAFT BEER: A TASTE OF HISTORY AND TODAY"
A seminar by John Holl

6PM - FUNKY BLUES SHACK | $15

Guests will be able to register for a seminar Friday evening highlighting "Three Decades of Craft Beer: A Taste of History and Today" presented by John Holl, an award-winning author, journalist and beer expert. Compare and sample a variety of beers in a casual and informative setting. Having visited more than 900 breweries around the world, Holl has been privileged to learn about the brewing process from the most dedicated, passionate and knowledgeable people in the business. In addition to Holl's duties as news editor and columnist of The Ale Street News and associate editor of Beer Connoisseur magazine, he regularly appears on NBC'S "Weekend Today" and is a regular contributor to Beverage World magazine, Craftbeer.com and All About Beer Magazine. He has also written beer-and travel-themed articles for the Wall Street Journal, Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Celebrator Beer News, Alma Cerveza and Patch.com. Tickets are available online or at Funky Blues Shack-Baytowne Wharf location.

SATURDAY OCTOBER 20
Craft Beer Tasting
Baytowne Wharf Events Plaza

2-6PM

The main event will feature close to 200 domestic and international craft beers available for sampling from more than 40 breweries. Brewery representatives will be available, offering an opportunity to learn about the different types of lagers and ales from a variety of styles. All ticketholders will be provided a logoed tasting glass for sampling. Purchase tickets here.

The Village of Baytowne Wharf is always open to the public, non ticket holders are welcome to attend the event.

Live Entertainment
Baytowne Wharf Events Plaza
2-6PM

For more information and tickets:
http://www.baytownewharfbeerfestival.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Beer! Glorious Beer!

Ode to Beer

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
By Jack Schitt

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Ernest Hemingway

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
Henny Youngman

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
Stephen Wright

"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"
Brian O'Rourke

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
Dave Barry

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.!!!

Remember "I" before "E", except in Budweiser.

To some it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
Dave Howell

BEER Helping White Guys Dance Since 1869
T-shirt in Florida

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Yep - it has gotten better every year and has really gotten to a high level. You should go.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Beerfest.jpg

Enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to the 5th Annual Baytowne Wharf Beer Fest, on Saturday, October 20, 2012 from 2-6PM!
Sample over 200 domestic and international craft beers, enjoy live music, talk with Brewery reps and learn about different types of lagers and ales. We will announce a winner on Wednesday, October 10, 2012. Valued at $50.00 - everything's better with BEER!
Click here to enter!