• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
BaytowneOnIce_Homepage_Animation.jpg

For those visitors who miss the cold and ice, the ice skating rink at The Village of Baytowne Wharf is the perfect opportunity to get into the winter spirit. The seasonal ice skating rink has become a local holiday favorite. For $11* guests can skate for an hour and a half. Skate rental is available for $2*.

The first hour of each day is reserved for "kids skate" for youths 12 and under on days that Baytowne On Ice operates from 11am until 10pm.

2014-2015 Ice Rink Hours of Operation

Times are subject to change. Stop by The Village of Baytowne Wharf's Facebook Page for unscheduled closures of Baytowne on Ice.

There are several Skating Packages available this year:

• Skate 'N Zip- 90 minutes of skate time & a Zipline ride from the Baytowne Adventure Zone- $28*
  • Skate 'N Play- 90 minutes of skate time & a $15 B.L.A.S.T. Arcade and Laser Maze Card- $28*
  • Skate, Zip 'N Play-90 minutes of skate time, a Zipline ride from the Baytowne Adventure Zone & a $15 B.L.A.S.T. Arcade and Laser Maze Card- $43*

Plan on ice skating more than 10x this winter. Season passes are available for $110* for Sandestin Residents and $130* for Non-Sandestin as well.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
Just curious what method they are going to use to time a skater 90 minutes? After 90 minutes are they going to tell the kid they have to leave?

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
They use colored wrist bands. It's "generally" 90 minutes. I've never seen anybody shortchanged plus they give you a time stamped receipt. It's a postage stamp rink...maybe forty feet by twenty feet. Nice for what it is. If you are a hardcore transplant who seriously skates, I would suggest making the trip to Pensacola to skate at the civic center.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
doubt it!

skate then get on the zipline! woohoo! I'm not doing it... but we'll take the kids.

Tried it years ago over there, but with all the little baturds zooming around it was near impossible.