• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Update on Kim Estes #1

I just spoke with Kim's Mom and Kim is improving. She has movement in her arms and one leg. While she can't talk, she is alert and can communicate with nods. She is off the Morphine as well which is good. Her Mom is with her now and hopefully she will improve to the point when we can visit her. She is in Pensacola at Sacred Heart and just underwent a procedure called plamapheresis. [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasmapheresis]Plasmapheresis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] She is not taking visitors yet but hopefully can in the next few days. Kim has been very brave and cooperative through all this. Most people do recover fully but it takes a long time. Tami Kerr's sister had it and fully recovered which is very heartening news.

Walton Outdoors

Beach Fanatic
Oct 8, 2008
www.WaltonOutdoors.com
I just spoke with Kim's Mom and Kim is improving. She has movement in her arms and one leg. While she can't talk, she is alert and can communicate with nods. She is off the Morphine as well which is good. Her Mom is with her now and hopefully she will improve to the point when we can visit her. She is in Pensacola at Sacred Heart and just underwent a procedure called plamapheresis. Plasmapheresis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia She is not taking visitors yet but hopefully can in the next few days. Kim has been very brave and cooperative through all this. Most people do recover fully but it takes a long time. Tami Kerr's sister had it and fully recovered which is very heartening news.

Good vibes and prayers for Kim and hopes for her speedy recovery.

Susan Vallee

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2006
Kim

That is amazing Dave. I'm shocked at the quickness of the progression. We'll put something in the next edition of the paper too. Maybe that will help. Everyone who goes to B&A knows Kim's smile.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Kim Estes Update and Address for donations

I've set up an account at Wachovia Bank in Seaside for anyone who would like to make a donation to Kim's Assistance fund. She will have a long recovery at home once she is released from the hospital.

We are planning a large fund raiser in mid September with several live bands and a silent auction at Bud & Alley's

Checks may be made out to:

Kim Estes Assistance Fund
P.O. Box 4898 - Seaside Branch
Santa Rosa Beach

Here is an update on Kim's condition

Kim is still is breathing on a respirator and feeding tube. She has been able to squeeze her Mom's hand and move one of her legs. She has undergone 4 plasma replacement therapies in an effort to slow the progression of the Syndrome. She is still on morphine due to the pain related to the breathing tube. The Dr.s are trying to encourage her to try breath on her own. Being on the breathing machine for more than 10 days has a danger of Pneumonia.

Thank you for all your continued concern and prayers for Kim.

Last edited:

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
I knew someone who had this disease a number of years ago. At first, everybody who knew him was just as scared as y'all must be right now, and yes, it took awhile, but he did recover. Best wishes to Kim and her family.:wave:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Kim Estes Update latest update, Sunday August 9

A good day for Kim yesterday!! She is beginning to breath on her own so hopefully she will be off the respirator and morphine soon. Even though she can't communicate verbally she is showing signs of strength and determination to get through this. She is aware of her situation and realizes she will recover in time. Please keep the good wishes and prayers coming!!

Dave

I've set up an account at Wachovia Bank in Seaside for anyone who would like to make a donation to Kim's Assistance fund. She will have a long recovery at home once she is released from the hospital.

We are planning a large fund raiser in mid September with several live bands and a silent auction at Bud & Alley's

Checks may be made out to:

Kim Estes Assistance Fund
P.O. Box 4898 - Seaside Branch
Santa Rosa Beach

Here is an update on Kim's condition

Kim is still is breathing on a respirator and feeding tube. She has been able to squeeze her Mom's hand and move one of her legs. She has undergone 4 plasma replacement therapies in an effort to slow the progression of the Syndrome. She is still on morphine due to the pain related to the breathing tube. The Dr.s are trying to encourage her to try breath on her own. Being on the breathing machine for more than 10 days has a danger of Pneumonia.

Thank you for all your continued concern and prayers for Kim.

Dave, Balder and I will play at the fundraiser if you need us. We love Kim and want to do anything we can to help. Let us know.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
She is in my prayers. Please post on her progress, Dave!! Thank you!!