• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jcpd2

Beach Lover
Aug 31, 2008
Last night about 9:00 PM, my son and daughter-in-law left our house in Blue Mountain headed to Niceville. He saw an individual lying in the middle of 30A near Santa Rosa Beach Club. He got out to check on the guy, and he would not respond. After about the third time, the guy mumbled about his arm being hurt. He then jumped straight up off the road and demanded a ride. Luckily my son is pretty good sized, and the guy didn't pursue it very long. But it could have been much worse for another person. WCSO was notified.

jcpd2

Beach Lover
Aug 31, 2008
What was he wearing? Both my wife and I had run ins with a guy down between Goatfeathers and Local Catch...
He was about 1/4 east of 393 and just east of Spooky Lane.
It was a W/M with a backpack. He had on dark clothing because my son almost ran over him. If he had another person working with him, he never made an appearance.

Last edited:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
We are getting a significant increase in homeless from Ft. Walton.

There are at minimum two W/M's living in the woods off of 98 in Miramar Beach area. They may be migrating to 30a as the vacation rentals are vacant and utility work increases there.

Its not unusual to see "backpackers" with a dog traversing 98 E to W and W to E.

What they don't realize is that if they walk on the beach, its customary use, so no problems there.

A few years ago it was the TVs being stolen from rental homes.

Lock your doors, we don't live in Kansas anymore. Never did...

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
That's the same guy!!! he stayed away from us because we have 100 pound dogs.
He did reek of alcohol. Kept telling my dog "dont be a dick head" because my dog wouldn't let him approach.
He looked as we walked away and said, "no wonder...he got his nuts cut off."
I looked back and said, "She never had any."

I think that's when he decided that dealing with two 100+ pound bullmastiffs was not a great idea.

Wife had a similar run in just a few moments later walking our coon hound who started barking up a storm. that must have been when he moved further down the street.

Last edited:

jcpd2

Beach Lover
Aug 31, 2008
That's the same guy!!! he stayed away from us because we have 100 pound dogs.
He did reek of alcohol. Kept telling my dog "dont be a dick head" because my dog wouldn't let him approach.
He looked as we walked away and said, "no wonder...he got his nuts cut off."
I looked back and said, "She never had any."

I think that's when he decided that dealing with two 100+ pound bullmastiffs was not a great idea.

Wife had a similar run in just a few moments later walking our coon hound who started barking up a storm. that must have been when he moved further down the street.
Somebody is going to get hurt with this guy. Or someone will do some serious damage to him. Maybe WCSO will get lucky one night.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
May have seen this guy yesterday around 4 pm. Walking from Tom Thumb with beer, headed towards 393.

Then saw him walking near Abacos, same direction.

That's near Spooky.

Tom Thumb has cameras.