• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
Is Acme ever going to reopen? They have been closed since last year and I noticed a legal notice posted on their front door wanting payment of back rent since January.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
We did not like Acme at all. Interesting that most people we talked to over the last few years did not like it. It got a lot of 5 ratings at Trip Advisor. But if one looks closely most the 5 ratings were from people that had one review!!! I thought someone was giving them a free drink for a good review. But that is my opinion. They were always out of oysters....the truck didn't show up. Then they were always out of wings....the truck didn't show up. Their normal response.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Not sure why Destin Chops didn't make it there. We truly need a great seafood/steak house in the area!!!!!
Because it was terrible. The old Destin Chops on the harbor was terrific. Edit: It was also opened too soon, before the east 30A area was developed to the extent it is now. But the food was just bad there IMO.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Because it was terrible. The old Destin Chops on the harbor was terrific. Edit: It was also opened too soon, before the east 30A area was developed to the extent it is now. But the food was just bad there IMO.
Yep, and in the down time!