Art Miles Mural Project in Seaside, Alys Beach, Rosemary Beach

Discussion in 'Events and Activities' started by SoWalSally, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

yep. I love seeing the flying murals everywhere. wouldn't it be great to paint and hang them on 30A for every season, occasion, event, and just for the joy of it all the time? they add a festive element, with a good message.

2. GoodWitch58

GoodWitch58 Beach Fanatic

I just loved the Teach the World to Sing mural with the gingerbread-like people. Fantastic.

And, I was so happy to the see the one of DeFuniak Springs. Actually, they were all great! And the music was awesome. What a wonderful afternoon at Seaside.:clap:]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  3. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

They are all great. Except the Governator, what was up with that one? :blink:

4. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

If you missed the concert yesterday, Johannes will be playing an acoustic show at Amavida today from 1 to 4. It's a good thing, because when we finally got warmed up enough to dance yesterday, it was the end of the show! So dancing to be continued today at 1!!:clap:

Hey Steelemama- ready for round 2?:wave:

5. Jennifer Steele

Jennifer Steele Beach Fanatic

She's stretching as we speak. ;-)

6. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

I was just rescued by Red Bar breakfast. Thanks God for home fries and bacon.

7. GoodWitch58

GoodWitch58 Beach Fanatic

View attachment 12096 what a great day at Seaside with the Murals and the Music. I posted some others in the Gallery ...

8. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

ew!

'sup with the mural in Watercolor that features Micheal Jackson and the Neverland ranch?!? Gah!!!! Almost fell off my bike when I saw that pedophile included on a mural. :blink:

Don't forget the documentaries at Rosemary tonight! :wave:

9. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

I just heard that there was a low turnout for the movies in Rosemary last night- too bad.:(

Tomorrow night is the last night of this unique and special event - the painting is so much fun! Our SoWal murals will be on display in Egypt in 2010- not many communities can make that brag! The murals from all over the world are up at Watercolor, Seaside, Rosemary, and Alys through tomorrow night- they are all so special.

On March 10, the Art Miles Community Celebration will be held in Alys Beach from 5-8 p.m at Fonville Press. Everyone will be invited to join 12 Peace Paint Ambassadors in painting murals for peace and a slide show of murals painted by children around the world will be shown. Light refreshments will be served.

10. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

Which is a shame because they were amazing films in a gorgeous setting! :wub:

I DID call Grayton and tell some Sowallers to come, but was told they were having too much funn at the beach. :angry:

11. Alys Beach

Alys Beach Beach Fanatic

Please help us finish our mural Tuesday nite from 5-8pm at Fonville Press. We'll have three open homes, one to feature documentaries. We'll also be showing the documentaries on the large screen as the sun goes down!

And, the Tot Lot at Fonville Hill is now ready for play, complete with swings, a fort and a zip line!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009