• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
ArtStrings_logo-with-tag.jpg

Grand Boulevard
November 13th, 2010 - April 2011

ArtStrings, a unique painted violin exhibits, opens near Chico's with 24 hand-painted violins painted by some of the most accomplished artists in the region and beyond, including internationally renowned marine artist, Wyland. These artists are donating their work to support "Sinfonia's Fifth," the five-year anniversary of Sinfonia Gulf Coast, the area's only professional symphony orchestra.
The violins will be auctioned off at a gala event, "Celebrating Sinfonia's 5th" held February 4 to raise funds for Sinfonia's music education program. Though all 24 will be sold in a silent auction that night, the violins will remain on display through April.

The finished pieces are on display at Grand Boulevard Town Center opposite Mitchell's Fish Market, Wednesday-Sunday, 12-7pm. The exhibit is free and open to the public.

All proceeds will benefit The James A. Fuller Memorial Fund for Music Education, an extension of Sinfonia?s music education initiatives throughout the community.

Untitled-2%282%29.jpg

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
:love: Thanks Toots!

It is a FANTASTIC exhibit, it is so cool to see all the violins together; they are all so different and beautiful.

In addition to the artists' violins, more than 250 elementary students were able to take part in musical art and create their own masterpieces. It is so fun to look at theirs too! (See the attached photo to see some of them...)

The exhibit runs until April 2011 every Wednesday-Sunday from 12-7. It is free and located in a storefront across from Mitchell's Fish Market in Grand Boulevard Town Center. Check it out next time you visit Grand Boulevard, you won't be disappointed!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
:love: Thanks Toots!

It is a FANTASTIC exhibit, it is so cool to see all the violins together; they are all so different and beautiful.

In addition to the artists' violins, more than 250 elementary students were able to take part in musical art and create their own masterpieces. It is so fun to look at theirs too! (See the attached photo to see some of them...)

The exhibit runs until April 2011 every Wednesday-Sunday from 12-7. It is free and located in a storefront across from Mitchell's Fish Market in Grand Boulevard Town Center. Check it out next time you visit Grand Boulevard, you won't be disappointed!

And Carol did one of the most beautiful violins- pictures please Carol!!

AlphaCrab

Beach Fanatic
Sep 25, 2008
Inlet Beach
And Carol did one of the most beautiful violins- pictures please Carol!!

It was the best there! Glass mosaic is difficult enough on a flat surface..but on a violin with all the curves..yikes!!!! Brava.

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
Oh wow, thank you! This was the first time I had ever worked on a curved surface and I was scared, but it was really fun! I love the way it flows, and now I'm kinda hooked on it, I have another violin designed and I just bought the glass, and plans for a mandolin are in progress.

I have a photo album of the whole process from start to finish here:
The Four Seasons ArtStrings Photos