• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Walton County Dec.12 Board of County Commissioner meeting promises to draw hundreds for controversial agenda items.

The agenda for Tuesday, Dec.12
Includes a 3:00 pm public hearing on far reaching changes to the Beach Activities Ordinance. The proposed changes greatly expand vending areas on the beaches, allow propane grills, prohibit charcoal grills, reiterate tent sizes, and require storage boxes for vendor chairs and umbrellas. Changes include no longer requiring upland property owner authorization for vending in front of their property.
Two of the commissioners have relatives that are vendors which requires then to recuse themselves from voting on the matter. They must also file conflict of interest disclosure forms.

At or after 4:00 pm , the long agenda includes an organized group coming forward to request the BCC vote to remove the confederate flag from the DeFuniak Springs courthouse lawn. Word is that some of the commissioners want this put on a referendum for the voters to decide. The group requesting the change want an up or down vote by the commission. Cecilia Jones ducked this same vote in 2015 so it will be interesting to see if her handlers allow her to show up for this very controversial vote.

The Cypress Dunes PUD is on the Land Use portion of the agenda later in the evening. The opponents of the project located on west 30A
are calling for a continuance based on a problem with the review process. The word from the Planning Department was that it would be heard Jan.9th but it appears on this agenda instead.

Commissioner Nipper will introduce additions to the Employee Policy Manual calling for the establishment of a Grievance Procedure. Employees who filed complaints against past Chair Jones were recently denied legal representation at interviews with the county’s outside legal counsel. Employees who wanted their legal counsel to attend and represent them at these interviews were denied that right.

If citizens cannot attend the BCC meeting at the south Walton annex, they can view a live video by going to waltoncountyflahomepage and clicking on BCC Videos, December 12, Video in Progress. If the video does not play, hit Refresh.

Walton Politics will issue a report on the outcome of the meeting.

www.facebook.com/Waltonpolitics/?hc_ref=ART0EZ1KQs1y_99fGV-vlF0Ly35wjgUzo2TZMjQqb2Sqf7B2_awXGpU4Y2Ngh0K5KPY&fref=nf

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Which two commissioners will be recusing themselves? I read on here that Mrs. Jones son has a beach chair business but I'm not aware of any others. Thanks.

Why not attend the meeting and see? Or sit here and call everyone you don't agree with a liar with no facts to back it.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Attended the meeting last night and only saw 1 Commissioner recuse themselves on the vending issue. Fair to saying you're lying yet?

Its fair to say you are clueless!!

Tony Anderson's son is a golf cart VENDOR!

Cecilia Jones son is a beach chair VENDOR!

BTW, the original post (the one at the very top of this page) was written by "Walton Politics" and copy pasted here with the link! I do not write for the Walton Politics page so I would NOT be the author of what you're calling a lie anyway!

Fact remains there are 2 Commissioners that have relatives that are vendors!

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
Its fair to say you are clueless!!

Tony Anderson's son is a golf cart VENDOR!

Cecilia Jones son is a beach chair VENDOR!

BTW, the original post (the one at the very top of this page) was written by "Walton Politics" and copy pasted here with the link! I do not write for the Walton Politics page so I would NOT be the author of what you're calling a lie anyway!

Fact remains there are 2 Commissioners that have relatives that are vendors!

The meeting was for BEACH VENDING not vending in general and Mr. Anderson didn't need to recuse himself. I guess that makes you the clueless one.

Just to let you know when you copy and paste any lies or incorrect information you will be called out.

The fact remains that the statement "Two of the commissioners have relatives that are vendors which requires then to recuse themselves from voting on the matter" was incorrect so own up to it.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
The meeting was for BEACH VENDING not vending in general and Mr. Anderson didn't need to recuse himself. I guess that makes you the clueless one.

Just to let you know when you copy and paste any lies or incorrect information you will be called out.

The fact remains that the statement "Two of the commissioners have relatives that are vendors which requires then to recuse themselves from voting on the matter" was incorrect so own up to it.

And again, the original post said "relatives who are vendors". That is a true statement!!

In all honesty, I do think BCC members with relatives who are vendors should recuse themselves to avoid the appearance of impropriety or a conflict of interest but that's my personal opinion!

The article I copy/pasted was not a lie.