• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
IMG_7879.jpg This is the "capital" expenditure budget request that was submitted by Mr. Martin for 2018-2022. This does not included "personnel cost" or other operational costs. Notice that the funding source is "loans".

The other shoe will drop soon !

Buckle up Buttercup !

Attachments

• IMG_7880.jpg
    IMG_7880.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

beachmax

Beach Comber
Mar 29, 2017
30-A
Let's see...The County, thru TDC, spends millions $$$$$ to keep us covered up with too many tourists while they borrow money to provide for basic services. NICE.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Lynda

For all of your talk about 83 year old's and their hardship in paying there FIRE ASSESSMENT there are EXACTLY 4 - that have filed for and received a "hardship exemption".

That's not a typo it's 4 (Four) !!!!!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Hope Commissioner Comander read how many have filed for the exemptions.
Also is Commissioners Jones and Anderson going to be given some credit for their vote. Depending on what side you are on this issue.

Last edited:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Lynda

For all of your talk about 83 year old's and their hardship in paying there FIRE ASSESSMENT there are EXACTLY 4 - that have filed for and received a "hardship exemption".

That's not a typo it's 4 (Four) !!!!!

It's not because it isn't available Bob!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
P.S. Bob it wasn't my talk either! I never brought up the little old lady in Paxton that would have been Sara Comander and I think Danny Glidewell threw in a comment about it as well.

The entire point is that those tax breaks are available for anyone who qualifys! People just have to get up off their lazy backsides and get it done. Yes, it means a trip to the courthouse but don't complain when you don't avail yourself of services offered.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Ya know, I've said this before but I guess may I should keep saying it because people don't seem to "get it".

The County just spent almost 2 million dollars (I'll grant you space was needed) but perhaps NOT that space to purchase property in Freeport, to keep themselves in nice cushy offices, yet firefighters and EMS crews are living in trailers, in less than desirable conditions, with less than adequate staff and less than adequate equipment as well as leadership.

Yet, if you do a sunbiz.org search on who actually owns that property common sense might tell you this was payback for votes & favors to help 2 maybe 3 county commissioners get themselves elected. Hmmm. Ya think?

I've also said and will say again that until we have open honest government operated in the Sunshine and Suzanne Harris doesn't have to sue the County for millions to bring them into compliance, maybe there would be at least adequate funding so that FIRE/EMS didn't have to borrow money.

Maybe if the BCC weren't so hot damn worried about splash pads for kiddie parks and those types of grants to spruce up their backyards and spent more time applying for grants that should have been applied for years (at least 8) to FIRE/EMS this could have been avoided? Maybe?

Maybe if a certain Commissioner had not frivolously spent $6000.00 in office furniture and cushy accommodations for herself...

Maybe just maybe if PEOPLE STOPPED voting for the baffoons and stopped recycling the garbage...

Bottom line is all those lawsuits and all these frivolous property purchases, all these favors, all these paybacks for votes COST money and yep you're right Bob Hudson the taxpayer foots the bill.

I can sit here all day and mention incidents of waste and abuse of taxpayer money (how bow dat $300.00 legal bill?) but I hope I've made my point.

Until we elect better it ain't going to get no better!

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
P.S. Bob it wasn't my talk either! I never brought up the little old lady in Paxton that would have been Sara Comander and I think Danny Glidewell threw in a comment about it as well.

The entire point is that those tax breaks are available for anyone who qualifys! People just have to get up off their lazy backsides and get it done. Yes, it means a trip to the courthouse but don't complain when you don't avail yourself of services offered.

But you brought it up here !!!!