Beaux Arts Ball - 9/25/09

Discussion in 'Events and Activities' started by Jennifer Steele, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Jennifer Steele

Jennifer Steele Beach Fanatic

Tickets are now on sale for the Beaux Arts Ball, the premier event to support the arts in Walton County, happening Friday, September 25!

Visit www.culturalartsassociation.com/beaux arts to purchase tickets and also find information about the Beaux Arts Artist Market that will take place Saturday, September 26!

Other ticket and mask outlets include:

Tracery Interiors in Rosemary Beach
    Eileen West Gallery in Seaside (Ruskin)
    CAA office in Blue Mountain Beach
    Grand Boulevard's guest services kiosk
    Kitchenique in Destin

Or call to order them over the phone: 850.622.5970

Artists are being called for the Artist Market. There is no fee to enter, but artists are required to donate a piece of their work for the silent auction that will take place at the Ball. Download an application.

Volunteers are also needed to help with many different aspects of the Ball and Market. Contact Lee at CulturalArts@embarqmail.com to volunteer.
    [​IMG]

2. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Meow! This event will always hold a special place in my heart! :wub:

I must buy my ticket! Yes, I am coming to the party! :clap: I will also be jdarg's gofer prior to said event. :D Can't wait!

3. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Be careful what you volunteer for!:lol:

First thing to do when I get back in town- buy tickets and a mask, then work on the "getup". I am thinking Bdarg should wear a really flashy mask?:idontno:

4. hoover_rc

hoover_rc Beach Lover

This is going to be an incredible way to kick off the fall! The place to be!:clap:

5. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Each artist market participant will have a piece of their work available in the silent auction at the ball on Friday night, then you can go back on Saturday for the market and shop!

This event is special because it benefits 3 important arts organizations that significantly contribute to our quality of life and wonderful community- the Cultural Arts Association, Sinfonia, and the Seaside Rep Theatre. Please support their year-round efforts by attending the ball, the artists' market, or both!:clap:

6. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

10 reasons to attend the Beaux Arts Ball on Sept. 25th:

1. It benefits the Cultural Arts Association, the Seaside Repertory Theatre, AND Sinfonia- 3 groups that bring beauty and richness to our community!

2. Masks. So fun, so crazy. Buy one or make one to go with your outfit! Wear something that you might never wear anywhere else- cross a line- and be incognito with the mask!... Read More

3. Speaking of outifts, I am hearing about some crazy ones.

4. Little Malcolm and the Houserockers. Bring your dancing shoes (then take them off like you know you will). Note to Miss Kitty- there will be a rubboard on the stage.

5. Silent auction that is nothing but art. Collectable arty art. Art by people you may or may not know, but will want to make it yours. It will be be an art-extravaganza!

6. The Artists Market on Saturday will let you go back to the "scene of the crime" and shop while sober.

7. Food - how does PF Chang's, Tommy Bahama, Mitchell's, Cantina Laredo, and Emerald Coast Coffee grab ya? Enough variety?

8. The ticket is $44. Love the number 4.... Read More

9. Dance, drink, and laugh with your friends- and make new ones! With the 3 arts organizations, this party is going to have a fun and interesting mix of people!

10. Be a part of reviving the Beaux Arts tradition. Looking forward to seeing you all! And the venue at Grand Boulevard is magical.

7. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Bump da bump....

We are getting down to the final preparations. I have seen the list/pictures of the art- beautiful and interesting!

If you are not familiar with any of the 3 art groups involved in this party, please visit their websites! The Beaux Arts Ball will benefit the visual, musical, and theatre arts in our communities along the Emerald Coast.

Cultural Arts Association Current News! | The Cultural Arts Association of Walton County

Sinfonia Gulf Coast Sinfonia Gulf Coast

Seaside Repertory Theatre Seaside Repertory Theatre

8. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

I don't have tickets to give away but i am posting my favorite costume pic.

River Otter and Grayton Bound from 5 years ago.

[​IMG]

9. Jennifer Steele

Costumes are optional!

While your creativity through costume is welcomed, we want to let you know that you do not have to be dressed a costume to attend the event. Masks are a must, though! And can be purchased at any of the ticket outlets or at the event!

Purchase tickets now at www.culturalartsassociation.com/beauxarts

10. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

The beauty of this party is creativity- it is a costume event if you want to wear a costume. Wear whatever you want! I am wearing a crazy dress that is comfortable for dancing AND eating, no costume, but Bdarg and I are all about the mask. Miss Kitty and I had so much fun at Michael's- my mask idea changed 4 times, and hers will probably be one of the coolest and most fun masks....Bdarg's is interesting.

Three local non-profits will benefit from this one event!:clap:

11. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

:lolabove:...that was a blast...now for the decorating!!!! I am calling mine, A Bird's Eye View. ;-)

I am having trouble buying a ticket online. Is it jsut me? Are tickets available at the door?

12. ThirtyAGal

ThirtyAGal Beach Lover

:lolabove:It better be a very high bird's eye view. Cats EAT birds!

13. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

let me know if you wanna borrow my hot glue gun, um'kay?:D

14. John R

John R needs to get out more

15. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

:cool:...that is me in my mask. I am giddy thinking about mask decorating. Toots...thanks for the offer, but I actually have one of those blasted finger burners here! :D

16. 30A Television

30A Television Beach Lover

17. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Nice job ladies! Thanks 30A Television!:clap:

18. Jennifer Steele

Bump!

19. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

da bump!

Mask making was a hoot! :clap:

20. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Let me just say that Kitty's mask alone is worth the price of a ticket. Mask hall of fame material. You will have no words.