• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
This just came through the county e-mail, and since the tragic death of two young men due to lightning was discussed in another thread, I thought I would share in case anyone will be in or passing through DeFuniak on July 19, or in case anyone wanted to make a donation:

As most of you know, two young men from Walton County, Lucas & Logan Alford passed away in a tragic accident last week. Lucas Alford was survived by his wife Mistie Brazile Alford and 7 week old son Luke. Lucas was the bread winner for his family; very dedicated and hard working so his wife could stay home to take care of their son. Recently Luke was hospitalized for stomach surgery and bills are mounding since the accident. In effort to help Mistie stay home to care for her son and support her for as long as possible, we're holding a benefit dinner ON SATURDAY JULY 19TH! The dinner will be at the Walton County Fairgrounds from 10am-2pm, and a cake auction will be held at 11am. ANY AND ALL DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Attached is a list of items we need to make this a successful event. PLEASE, if you can't donate items but still want to help, you may deposit money into ANY Bank of America; just tell them you're depositing to the "Lucas, Mistie & Luke Alford Family Support Fund." Remember, this wasn't just a loss of two young men, but two friends, a husband, and a new Dad...anything will help. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for all your hard work, love, and support!

I had heard the older brother was the proud father of a baby boy, but I didn't realize the baby was only 7 weeks old and has already had surgery...:sosad:

Update: Dinner plans are for chicken and/or fish, $7.00 is the asking price.

Last edited: