1. Hello everyone - with recent Forum upgrade, here are a few issues you may need help with. Thanks for your patience!

- some accounts with same email address were merged. So if you have any login issues, send us a message with your username and email address and we'll sort it out.
    - the Forum App is no longer needed and has been disabled. The site is now mobile-friendly. Just browse to http://SoWal.com/forum"> on your phone's browser and tap "add to home screen".
    - Click Here for help, more info, and to post questions / give feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Pizza in SOWAL?

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by DCollins, Mar 21, 2012.

1. DCollins

DCollins Beach Lover

What does everyone think the best Pizza in SOWAL is?

I've personally and unfortunately only had Bruno's and 30As (Which I wouldn't consider a Pizza place obviously.)

Collins

2. kitlit

kitlit Beach Fanatic

Fat Daddy's. Hands down. I like cheese, with feta cheese on top. And, they have fantastic breadsticks. :eek:

3. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Bruno's is quite good. It is one of the few thicker-crust pizza choices in SoWal. We are blessed with quite a few good choices.

4. kyleg

kyleg Beach Crab

Fat Daddy's. It can't possibly get any better than that.

5. Joyce Owen

Joyce Owen SoWal Staff

Spicy Noodle in Inlet Beach has pretty good pizza. Lots of carryouts the night we were there. We've done Bruno's and they are great for delivery when you don't want to go out. And Pizza by the Sea is a great locals place.

6. kdp4th

kdp4th Beach Lover

Bruno's is my favorite. I always get takeout or sometimes delivery...

7. DCollins

DCollins Beach Lover

Yeah I agree that Bruno's is very good...I've never had Pizza by the Sea or Fat Daddy's, although I've heard Fat Daddy's is great and they have 1$ Beer!! Can't beat that!!

8. SouthernBelle

SouthernBelle Beach Comber

I tried pizza by the sea and will NEVER do that again, IDK how they stay in business. The first time I tried Bruno's it wasn't very good it was just okay-that was several years ago and they owner was out of town. Every time since then it has been good, and it is one of our favorites. Although they don't light a candle to my homemade pizza :D

9. htjhs8

htjhs8 Beach Lover

PICKLE FACTORY.....just north of grayton-4way-stop sign (going north about two football
    fields then left, next to grayton fitness center)(also provides take-out orders)......specializes
    in thin/crispy, made when you order it, relaxed atmosphere, also outside seating, beer and wine,
    close by and far away from hwy 98

10. AirRocker

AirRocker Beach Lover

We've had Bruno's, Fat Daddy's and Pizza By The Sea. All very solid. Looking forward to trying the Pickle Factory as well.

11. Seagrovestateofmind

Seagrovestateofmind Beach Lover

Just saw that Bruno's is within .5 miles of condo we are trying to buy. Will definately have to visit.

12. Django

Django Beach Comber

Pizza by the Sea for thin crust, Bruno's if you like thick crust. I like both.

13. sisters4

sisters4 Beach Lover

We have a tradition. First night in, tired from travel, happy to be there, Angelina's takeout pizza and some of their salads, we pick up a few bottles of vino and all is right with the world!

14. Everytime

Everytime Beach Fanatic

We've tried several very good ones but Angelina's is our favorite.

15. Truman

Truman Beach Fanatic

Fat Clemenza's is as close to Italy as you'll find near here. Real ingredients, real Italians, and a real wood-fired oven. Bud and Alley's Pizza Bar is also good.

16. 30A Eats

30A Eats Beach Lover

I LOVE thin crunchy crust at Pizza By the sea. Thicker crust has to go to Brunos, Most Authentic and delicious, Pizza Bar at Bud and Alley's. Fat Clemeza's Brick oven is amazing. Jordano's used to be great (10 years ago) till they sold out to the new owners, and Service is terrible, delivery the worst! New owners wife acts as if she is doing you a favor, and is disrespectful. Eat in, or don't order. I don't go at all anymore. Sad as when in Miramar it was a fav. Go to Fat Clemenza's or Ciao Bella when in Miramar!

17. 30A Skunkape

30A Skunkape Mr. Small Box

Let me give a plug to Amore. This was, in my opinion, the best in SOWAL when opened by the original owner/operators. The crew that took it over after the founders sold it ran it into the ground to the point that I didn't go for well over a year, but there is new ownership now and I am happy to say the good pizza and salads are back. It is a thinner crust, so if that is not your preference, this will not be for you. I also like Pizza Bar. Totally agree with posts above regarding Fat Clemenza's. I have not been to Pizza by the Sea since ownership changed-it was pretty good, but the masses of manic children running wild can test one's will, unless of course one has tykes they want to unleash while mom and dad chug wine and eat pizza. Spicy Noodle and McTighe's turn out average at best pizza. Cafe 30-A has a real wood burning oven and pizza is better than average, but I don't think anyone goes there for pizza and it is not a place to bring the little ones. Somehow I have lived here for five years and never tasted Brunos or Angelinas. I have had Fat Daddy's before and can't remember much about it other than the pizza I had had cheddar cheese on it. Shades makes pizza which is at best pretty uninspired to at worst a grease laden mess.

18. Lake View Too

Lake View Too Beach Fanatic

First of all, I can't believe you haven't tried Bruno's! They do not skimp on the sauce and I like the thicker crust. It's been solid for decades. Number two, given the wisdom and wit you consistently bring to Sowal, I was quite surprised to learn you have only been here for five years. I guess I learn something new everyday (but, of course, I forget a lot these days also...)

19. 30A Skunkape

30A Skunkape Mr. Small Box

Aww, shucks. Well, any wit and wisdom I have can be chalked-up to the fact that I share the same birthday as Kurt. Maybe we need to have a Bruno's pizza party.

20. DCollins

DCollins Beach Lover

Thanks for the responses and introducing me to places I have never tried. ie, Pickle Factory (near Hurricane?), Fat Clemenza's (dunno where that is!), and never actually tried angelina's, fat daddy's, or B&A Pizza Bar although SOWAL has been my second home for 25 years! Hoping to move down to Sowal pretty soon so these will DEFINITELY be on the list. Can't wait to make the move and live out my dream!

Collins