• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
We have a tradition. First night in, tired from travel, happy to be there, Angelina's takeout pizza and some of their salads, we pick up a few bottles of vino and all is right with the world!

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Fat Clemenza's is as close to Italy as you'll find near here. Real ingredients, real Italians, and a real wood-fired oven. Bud and Alley's Pizza Bar is also good.

30A Eats

Beach Lover
Dec 14, 2011
30A
www.30aeats.com
I LOVE thin crunchy crust at Pizza By the sea. Thicker crust has to go to Brunos, Most Authentic and delicious, Pizza Bar at Bud and Alley's. Fat Clemeza's Brick oven is amazing. Jordano's used to be great (10 years ago) till they sold out to the new owners, and Service is terrible, delivery the worst! New owners wife acts as if she is doing you a favor, and is disrespectful. Eat in, or don't order. I don't go at all anymore. Sad as when in Miramar it was a fav. Go to Fat Clemenza's or Ciao Bella when in Miramar!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Let me give a plug to Amore. This was, in my opinion, the best in SOWAL when opened by the original owner/operators. The crew that took it over after the founders sold it ran it into the ground to the point that I didn't go for well over a year, but there is new ownership now and I am happy to say the good pizza and salads are back. It is a thinner crust, so if that is not your preference, this will not be for you. I also like Pizza Bar. Totally agree with posts above regarding Fat Clemenza's. I have not been to Pizza by the Sea since ownership changed-it was pretty good, but the masses of manic children running wild can test one's will, unless of course one has tykes they want to unleash while mom and dad chug wine and eat pizza. Spicy Noodle and McTighe's turn out average at best pizza. Cafe 30-A has a real wood burning oven and pizza is better than average, but I don't think anyone goes there for pizza and it is not a place to bring the little ones. Somehow I have lived here for five years and never tasted Brunos or Angelinas. I have had Fat Daddy's before and can't remember much about it other than the pizza I had had cheddar cheese on it. Shades makes pizza which is at best pretty uninspired to at worst a grease laden mess.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Let me give a plug to Amore. This was, in my opinion, the best in SOWAL when opened by the original owner/operators. The crew that took it over after the founders sold it ran it into the ground to the point that I didn't go for well over a year, but there is new ownership now and I am happy to say the good pizza and salads are back. It is a thinner crust, so if that is not your preference, this will not be for you. I also like Pizza Bar. Totally agree with posts above regarding Fat Clemenza's. I have not been to Pizza by the Sea since ownership changed-it was pretty good, but the masses of manic children running wild can test one's will, unless of course one has tykes they want to unleash while mom and dad chug wine and eat pizza. Spicy Noodle and McTighe's turn out average at best pizza. Cafe 30-A has a real wood burning oven and pizza is better than average, but I don't think anyone goes there for pizza and it is not a place to bring the little ones. Somehow I have lived here for five years and never tasted Brunos or Angelinas. I have had Fat Daddy's before and can't remember much about it other than the pizza I had had cheddar cheese on it. Shades makes pizza which is at best pretty uninspired to at worst a grease laden mess.

First of all, I can't believe you haven't tried Bruno's! They do not skimp on the sauce and I like the thicker crust. It's been solid for decades. Number two, given the wisdom and wit you consistently bring to Sowal, I was quite surprised to learn you have only been here for five years. I guess I learn something new everyday (but, of course, I forget a lot these days also...)

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
First of all, I can't believe you haven't tried Bruno's! They do not skimp on the sauce and I like the thicker crust. It's been solid for decades. Number two, given the wisdom and wit you consistently bring to Sowal, I was quite surprised to learn you have only been here for five years. I guess I learn something new everyday (but, of course, I forget a lot these days also...)

Aww, shucks. Well, any wit and wisdom I have can be chalked-up to the fact that I share the same birthday as Kurt. Maybe we need to have a Bruno's pizza party.

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
Thanks for the responses and introducing me to places I have never tried. ie, Pickle Factory (near Hurricane?), Fat Clemenza's (dunno where that is!), and never actually tried angelina's, fat daddy's, or B&A Pizza Bar although SOWAL has been my second home for 25 years! Hoping to move down to Sowal pretty soon so these will DEFINITELY be on the list. Can't wait to make the move and live out my dream!

Collins