• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Fat Clemenzas is a tad farther than some of the other pizza restaurants, but it is SO worth the extra miles!!

Suddenly I am craving pizza ....

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Pizza by the Sea has always been our first meal when we arrive. However since the owner change, we tried them three times and were disappointed each time. Soggy pizza and as Skunky said, not their fault, but out of control kids, parent's fault.

So we are glad to hear Amore' has made a come back, as we loved it when Amory was there. We like Bruno's for carry out and Angelina's when someone in the group might want more than pizza. We have Pickle Factory on the list for our late April trip.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I have been a Bruno's devotee for about as long as I can remember. However, someone turned me on to a Pizza by the Sea pizza with pepperoni, bacon, and feta. I loved it (although I haven't liked their normal fare). Later on, I ordered a Bruno's with the same toppings combo. It just didn't get it. Later on, again, I had Pizza by the Sea do that combo, and it was divine! What's up with that?

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
I have been a Bruno's devotee for about as long as I can remember. However, someone turned me on to a Pizza by the Sea pizza with pepperoni, bacon, and feta. I loved it (although I haven't liked their normal fare). Later on, I ordered a Bruno's with the same toppings combo. It just didn't get it. Later on, again, I had Pizza by the Sea do that combo, and it was divine! What's up with that?
Different ingrediants and technique which seperates any pizza joint and any restaurant for that matter.

I too have heard Pizza By The Sea is slipping. But how could it not Bryan was fanatical about his pizza. They may be using the same ingrediants which are top notch but the technique and consistency is what made them so good before.

iloveflorida

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2011
Santa Rosa Beach
Amores in Gulf Place

My twins ask to go there every night. Crisp thin crust pizza and sandwiches are awesome. Great outdoor patio
with friendly service and owners. Highly recommend!!!!

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
I was down for the weekend and got to try a few new places. Friday when we got there we tried Pickle Factory. We got there around 9 pm and the workers and owner were sitting outside talking. I asked if they were open and they jumped right up and said absolutely! So we went inside and it was not like I was expecting, in a good way. It was dark and had couches to sit on and a bar and a very unique atmosphere. We got the crab pizza and it was pretty good...they also give you a side of pickles (imagine that) and they were quite good! Will go back eventually, but after I try Pizza by the Sea and Fat Daddy's of course!!