• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Can't wait for this event kicking off our Fall filled with great events and festivals at the beach...

The first annual Bloody Mary Festival is coming to South Walton in September! Go ahead and plan for a savory Saturday afternoon celebrating the art of the Bloody Mary at The Market Shops in Sandestin. We can't wait to discover magnificent hangover cocktails along with good eats and live music throughout the courtyards of the newly renovated Shops.

The Bloody Mary Festival is taking place Saturday, September 19, from 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Tickets are on sale now. Proceeds from the Festival to benefitSinfonia Gulf Coast.

Festival goers will enjoy unlimited tastes of 15 of the Emerald Coast’s most creative and innovative Bloody Marys made and served by the finest restaurants and bars on the Emerald Coast using Cathead Vodka. Competing restaurants include Bijoux Restaurant & Spirits, Brotula’s Seafood House & Steamer, Bud & Alley’s, DIG eatery, Great Southern Café, Louis Louis, Mama Clemenza’s, NOLA Boiling Company, Signature Catering of 30A, Stinky’s Fish Camp, Sunset Bay Café, The Beach House, The Bowery on Thirty-A, The Craft Bar and The Perfect Pig.

Each ticket will include one vote for the People’s Choice Award for “Best Bloody Mary” in South Walton. The event will also feature live music by local band Sound Advice. Food will be available for purchase by area restaurants including Bijoux Restaurant & Spirits, DIG eatery and Island Wing Company. Guests will also enjoy a mimosa bar by Coastal Wine and Spirits and frosty brews by Grayton Beer Company.

facebook_1438130772952.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
What a blast. This is one of the best events I've attended in South Walton! Filled with locals, friends, and supporters of the arts (Sinfonia Gulf Coast)... A great mix of people from South Walton, Destin, and all over enjoying Bloody Marys, Mimosas and Grayton Beer! Also a fun time to take a close look at new shops at The Market Shops in Sandestin. There were a few new shops I didn't know had moved there so I'll be back for some holiday shopping.

Winners:
Bud & Alley's Restaurant took home JUDGES CHOICE
The Beach House took home 3rd place for People's Choice
Bud & Alley's took home 2nd place for People's Choice
Bijoux Destin was awarded 1st place for People's Choice!

My favorite bloody marys were Bijoux, Bud and Alleys and Louis Louis, and not necessarily in that order. Missed out on one or two who were out of cocktails by the time I got around to them... oh well, next time!

We hear it will be an annual Fall event and this is good news...

150919sandestin0463000.jpg

150919sandestin0093000.jpg

150919sandestin0113000.jpg

150919sandestin0163000.jpg

See SoWal photo gallery in the spotlight today.