• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chitown

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2015
We would love to hear some positive recommendations from actual homeowners who used builders in the area. Anyone want to share about your great experience with the builder who built your home? Thanks so much!!!

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
Just some advice.....before entering into a contractual arrangement with a builder, please ensure that all expectations have not only been discussed but also written down and signed. Fully understand the contract presented to you and make sure material spec sheet is very detailed. Sadly words & handshakes are a thing of the past and this is solely a business arrangement. If you do this on the front end, it will allow you to hopefully have a positive experience with your builder in the end. :)

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
There are lots of good builders here and lots of bad ones. The number of builders here has increased ten fold in the last decade. Play the odds and find someone who has been here awhile, has loads of references, good credit, and is not hated by Walco planning department.

Has to be hands on - they will all say they are. Has to recommend a quality window and door and know what waterproofing is beyond just house wrap.

What is your price range and we can give you names. Do you have plans or need design build / architect?

chitown

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2015
Just some advice.....before entering into a contractual arrangement with a builder, please ensure that all expectations have not only been discussed but also written down and signed. Fully understand the contract presented to you and make sure material spec sheet is very detailed. Sadly words & handshakes are a thing of the past and this is solely a business arrangement. If you do this on the front end, it will allow you to hopefully have a positive experience with your builder in the end. :)
Great advice, Thank you!

chitown

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2015
There are lots of good builders here and lots of bad ones. The number of builders here has increased ten fold in the last decade. Play the odds and find someone who has been here awhile, has loads of references, good credit, and is not hated by Walco planning department.

Has to be hands on - they will all say they are. Has to recommend a quality window and door and know what waterproofing is beyond just house wrap.

What is your price range and we can give you names. Do you have plans or need design build / architect?
We are hoping to build a small beach cottage (around 1400 sq ft). We do have plans. We would definitely appreciate the names of good, hands on builders you might recommend. Thanks!

Garrett Horn

Beach Lover
Mar 2, 2017
I'm a builder, and have been building houses in this area since 1989. I am a "mom and pop" operation. No office staff, minimal overhead. I've been at this a long time and I have been able to cull through the vast amount of subcontractors who come and go, and I have a group of craftsman that are the best at their trade. I would be happy to talk to any of you all about your building projects. 850-258-4212 ghorn@mchsi.com

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
We are hoping to build a small beach cottage (around 1400 sq ft). We do have plans. We would definitely appreciate the names of good, hands on builders you might recommend. Thanks!
I am currently having a small cottage/home built in Blue Mountain Beach. Mike Bryla has been absolutely wonderful as my builder. He started building alongside his father in the eighties and is so knowledgeable, fair and has the integrity that is missing in the world today. He is definitely hands on and on the building site daily. He has a handful of loyal subcontractors working with him. If you would like to talk with me as a satisfied customer call me at 850-387-5116
Mary