• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Camellia Festival and Heritage Day at Eden Gardens State Park

Date: Saturday, February 20th from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Description: The Department of Environmental Protection’s Eden Gardens State Park and the Friends of Eden Gardens would like to invite everyone to their annual Camellia Fest. Families are encouraged to bring a picnic lunch. Festivities will include talks on Camellia identification, air layering (propagation), general maintenance and pest control of Camellias and floral and waxing blossoms demonstrations. There will also be living history demonstrators in the park teaching about the skills of past generations including turpentine, soap and candle making as well as historical talks. We will have archaeologists talking about the local area history with archaeological objects. Parking inside the park is some what limited. To volunteer or for additional information call the park office.

Fees: Event is free with paid park entrance fees.

Directions: Eden Gardens State Park is located in Point Washington, off U.S. 98 on C.R. 395.

http://www.friendsofedengardens.org

Florida State Parks

puglet

Beach Comber
Jan 1, 2010
Eden Gardens is a magical place! Silent, serene atmosphere and beautiful flora. One of my favorite places on Earth.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Please support this amazing park and The Friends Of Eden Gardens State Park.

Friends Of Eden Gardens

The Friends always have plants for sale at reasonable prices, just look for the potted plants on the north side of the mansion, pick out what you want and leave your donation in the box. Purchasing one of a kind Camellias and other plants is an easy way to help the park stay beautiful - tis' the season to plant your garden here in SoWal.

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Oh, I wish I was there...what a beautiful site for a sale of this beautiful plant and what a wonderful way to cure a bad case of cabin fever...It has been a long snowy winter in my area.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
camelia2.jpg

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Cabin fever is right- us AND the dogs- going to Eden for a the cure!