• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachvacation

Beach Comber
Mar 28, 2007
I heard today that St Joe has now decided that only their renters can pay to attend Camp WaterColor (kid's camp)...even personal guests of owners in WC cannot pay to attend. Seems crazy to me...they are just turning away $$.Has anyone heard anything on this issue?

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
The economy must be turning around for them :dunno:

beachdoc1

Beach Comber
Apr 6, 2007
I can attest... one of my partners allowed my family to use his home in WaterColor over the spring break holidays. I tried to register my 6 and 8 year old, but no luck--both were turned away, even though there was open space and we were paying guests. Not even personal guests (ie. not renting) can use Camp WC now unless the actual owner is present. Seems ridculous to me! Can anyone attend Seaside's Kid Camp??

ellen

Beach Lover
Jul 8, 2005
In the past (last summer), kids outside Seaside could attend camp there. I don't know if that has changed with the change in ownership of the Cottage Rental Agency. They run a fun program there. The tennis program also allows guests from outside Seaside to attend clinics and round robins, including juniors and pee wee tennis.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Any child can attend Camp Seaside - it does not matter whether you own or are renting. We are locals but do not own yet our daughter has spent the last 2 summer spenbding many many weeks at Camp Seaside and it was awesome!!!! They will also at times give locals a discount!!!!

Do not get me started about Camp Watercolor. 2 years ago I was in a bind with work and a close friend who owned property at Watercolor suggested I bring my daughter along with her son - so I did and it was great. So, the following day I showed up with her again (without my friend though!) and was denied. There were 2 kids and 4 counselors present. I pleaded and cajoled but to no avail. I certainly understand that top priority should be given to homeowners and renters but if the places are unfilled why not allow others to participate????????

So, thankfully Seaside is not like that!!!

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
is there a website for Camp Seaside? Thanks

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
thanks for the link, I'll be checking into this for summer.

that's unfortunate about watercolor camp - seems they would benefit from being more community oriented. oh well.

agreed