• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Why on earth the County would even consider elevating someones position who...

1.) Was arrested on drug charges? (marijuana)
2.) Was suspended from another job because of the charge?
3.) Was charged with operating a motor vehicle while license was suspended or revoked and attaching a tag not assigned?
4.) Does not work well with others?

I'm having a hard enough time just trying to figure out how this person got a job to start with, let alone why the County would even consider elevating their position. or see them as a viable candidate.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Can of hard to make an informed decision with the info provided.

The particulars are there.

Allegedly Walton County is a drug free work place. Its just my opinion that someone/anyone who had been busted for drugs, wouldn't be a consideration for employment regardless of the when and where and being suspended from another position is just the icing. Maybe an actual background check might have made this a non-consideration?

The other charges are what they are.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Why on earth the County would even consider elevating someones position who...

1.) Was arrested on drug charges? (marijuana)
2.) Was suspended from another job because of the charge?
3.) Was charged with operating a motor vehicle while license was suspended or revoked and attaching a tag not assigned?
4.) Does not work well with others?

I'm having a hard enough time just trying to figure out how this person got a job to start with, let alone why the County would even consider elevating their position. or see them as a viable candidate.

Was he convicted?
Suspended from the other job does not equate to being fired. Was he fired?
Why was his licensed suspended or revoked? Didn't have insurance on his car? Not sure why they would place the wrong tag on the car unless they just couldn't afford one.
Sorry he/ she don't work well with others. Does he have a certain talent for the job that may not be available? How long ago were these things? Second chance?
As I don't know who it is we are talking about and Bob Hudson seems to disagree with you, I am still unable to make a decision.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Just fat fingered the screen trying to scroll through the posts on my phone.

I remove the comment made in error.

I will speak on the individual where it counts not on social media.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Was he convicted?
By convicted if you mean sentenced...yes.

Suspended from the other job does not equate to being fired. Was he fired?
Shoulda been but no. (It is a drug free workplace.)

Why was his licensed suspended or revoked? Didn't have insurance on his car? Not sure why they would place the wrong tag on the car unless they just couldn't afford one.
An arrest report doesn't tell you why a license is suspended or revoked it only says that it was. Just because you can't afford to buy a tag doesn't mean you're allowed to break the law either. That's not an excuse.

Sorry he/ she don't work well with others. Does he have a certain talent for the job that may not be available? How long ago were these things? Second chance?
So are you saying the County should lower their standards and policies to give someone a second chance? A lot of people in the County have gotten far more chances than they deserved...its why we keep recycling. That needs to stop. I think there are people imminently more qualified for the position than the person in question!

As I don't know who it is we are talking about and Bob Hudson seems to disagree with you, I am still unable to make a decision.
Mr. Hudson answered for himself. I have also spoken about my dissatisfaction with this individual in the appropriate venue! :)

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Hum...Does the person we are trying to guess currently serve on the DeFuniak Springs City Council?

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
If County policy dictates that even the County Administrator does not have a take home vehicle and that only public works people who are on call can take a County vehicle home, can someone explain this...

16923522_10208809347614915_1933892421_n.png

16923319_10208809354935098_1937867645_n.png

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I should have added that these images were taken today and the County Administrator explained to me at the last BCC meeting this employee had already been talked to about taking a County vehicle to conduct City Business and attend City Council meetings and the situation had been "addressed".

Oops...evidently not.