• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

keaneds

Beach Comber
May 20, 2010
Hi all,

Long time lurker with few posts. I have been looking to add a day this year away from the beach and dune lakes. We (my wife, two boys, and I) frequently paddle Class I-III rivers/creeks where we live and wanted to spend a day paddling a Class I river. It also needs to be under a two-hour drive one way from the Blue Mountain Beach area and have an outfitter. I have searched this forum and have only found a couple of items posted pre 2015 about Blackwater River and the Choctawhatchee River. Neither of these fit the bill for what I am looking for. I have found Econfina Creek and Holmes Creek within a reasonable driving distance and both have outfitters. Are there any others that I should consider and which ones are highly recommended. Thank you in advance for any advice and comments.

Keane

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
My husband and I liked Econfina Creek. Of course it was our first and only time canoeing and Econfina Creek was very calm which we liked since we were beginners. Seeing some shacks up above the creek made us feel like we were canoeing in the movie Deliverance though but we enjoyed it. Got to see some wildlife we didn't expect to see.