1. Hello everyone - with recent Forum upgrade, here are a few issues you may need help with. Thanks for your patience!

- some accounts with same email address were merged. So if you have any login issues, send us a message with your username and email address and we'll sort it out. If you send us email by Hotmail we will not be able to respond. Hotmail is blocked.
    - the Forum App is no longer needed and has been disabled. The site is now mobile-friendly. Just browse to http://SoWal.com/forum"> on your phone's browser and tap "add to home screen".
    - Click Here for help, more info, and to post questions / give feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Cedar Lumber?

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by Rollin' Tide, May 8, 2009.

1. Rollin' Tide

Rollin' Tide Beach Comber

Anyone know were I can buy white cedar boards that are a true 1 inch thick? Checked the local Lowe's and HD but their 1x lumber is actually only 3/4 thick....I need a true 1 inch thick board for a project... Any thoughts? THANKS!:D

2. nashville

nashville Beach Comber

You will need to find a lumber mill and get the lumber before it is dressed. You can also ask for 5/4 lumber that is 1" thick almost any lumber yard will have or can get 5/4 . I'm not sure how readly available white cedar is it's mostly red cedar at least around Nashville.

3. Will B

Will B Moderator

My cousin in Bruce owns a sawmill and can probably custom cut any lumber you want. He mainly produces cypress but may be able to help...

Bruner Lumber Company
    66 Sawmill Rd
    Ponce De Leon, FL 32455
    (850) 835-1011

4. Lynnie

Lynnie SoWal Insider

Does he get any kind? I am looking for a cool piece of maple or birch, maybe zebrawood. We have that cool place on Atlanta Road, I think, but if your brother can get slabs, I'd rather help out the family! :biggrin:

5. Will B

Will B Moderator

His business is really cypress. He pulls fallen trees out of swamps and raises sunken trees from local rivers and cuts them into raw beams for exposed interior structures and also into siding planks.

6. Lynnie

Lynnie SoWal Insider

I'll call him. A groovy piece of pecky cypress could work! ;-) Thanks!!!

7. Franny

Franny Beach Fanatic

This is the local lumber mill Canuck uses and they are a great group of guys. The site is amazing, located directly on the river.

8. Will B

Will B Moderator

I knew there was somebody on here who I had talked to about Adlee but couldn't remember who. We talked about him that day that you, Canuck, Allifunn, Scooter, and I all went to the beach after Fire...