• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
It's slow for me. Some stuff works, some doesn't. Been that way all day. I called them about noon, and they said there was a problem in Ft. Walton effecting SoWal, with an estimated 6pm fix time.

This all started overnight, it seems. All was OK yesterday.

dijitil

Beach Comber
Nov 25, 2007
It is moving at a snail's pace over here on the Eden side of Pt.Washington and I've heard of complete outages off of Thompson drive.

kloli

Beach Lover
May 8, 2006
SoWal Local
Yes...it happened overnight and it is still slow as hail over here in Seacrest Beach. Not even sure this post will make it....or is it even worth it.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Still whacked out this morning for me. I have Yahoo mail. It will open the Yahoo front page, but not the mail. Facebook opens, but you can't play Scrabble. That sort of irregular thing. Some sites won't open at all, others (like SoWal) are slow but OK.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I just got off the phone with CenturyLink. They are now projecting 6 PM tonight for resolution. Thrilled, I tell you, just thrilled...

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
And I have to say, five years ago my work would have been crippled - I have an essential daily flow of email. Now, I'm saved by my Android phone, although I did have to remember to switch it off my home wireless.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Tree Frog - Thanks for calling and posting here. I was just getting ready to call again so now I won't bother.Especially frustrating since I am thinking seriously of dropping the landline and the satellite and just streaming to the tv. I looked at Mediacom's website (can't believe I felt that desperate) to see what their internet costs these days. There is a special - two prices shown, which is it?? - but requires a 2-year contract, it goes up $10 after a year, and then after two years it goes to the "regular" price, which is nowhere shown. Now I remember why I switched from their cable to satellite. I hate that s***.One thing I will say for Century Link - at least when I called yesterday, twice, I got a real person both times.FYI - a Century Lilnk tech person told me a while back that if you drop the landline and keep their DSL that you can still call 911 by plugging an old fashioned, non-electric phone into the jack. For anyone thinking of dropping their landline because they only keep it for emergencies like hurricanes, I would verify this first.

kloli

Beach Lover
May 8, 2006
SoWal Local
Ok...it took me 3 hours to get here but I was relieved to see that there was an update AND to save me from calling. Thanks TreeFrog! It has been a long time since visiting SoWal...it appears it is still THE go-to place for local news and happenings. I'll be checking back!