• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaside Rep Theatre

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2006
chekov.jpg

The Other Chekhov: an Evening of Light Entertainment from an Otherwise Gloomy Russian Genius

Wednesday, June 6 - Saturday, June 9
Meeting Hall Theatre at 7:30 PM

An Evening With Chekhov spotlights three unmistakable comedies. The first, "The Proposal," is a courtship between two neighbors, who cannot stop bickering about property lines, hunting dogs, and other problems long enough to plan the nuptials. The second, "The Bear," pits an irritable creditor against a young widow, culminating in pistols and romance. The final piece, "The Dangers of Tobacco," starts as a lecture on the perils of smoking, then disintegrates into a bitter complaint by a henpecked husband.

Directed by Bruce Collier
Call 850.231.0733 or > Click Here to Buy Tickets

bcf.jpg

Wednesdays & Thursdays, June 6-July 19
Seaside Meeting Hall Theatre at 10pm

Improv Comedy returns to the Rep stage after a one-year layoff with the Basic Character Flaws. The Flaws create hilarious characters in absurd situations. Offering a variety of comedy styles influenced by anything from the Simpsons to Monty Python to the Office, the Flaws have something for everyone. Without resorting to vulgar, shock comedy, the goal is for the audience to come to a show and escape from the real world and just have a great time.

> Buy Tickets for the Flaws Now!

GraysonDave

Beach Comber
May 13, 2007
I couldn't find a way to buy tix for the Basic Character Flaws at the link provided. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, has anybody on the forum seen this performance? Recommended?

I couldn't find a way to buy tix for the Basic Character Flaws at the link provided. Am I doing something wrong?

GraysonDave - Sorry about not being able to purchase Flaws tickets online. That will be remedied shortly. If you want to purchase tickets in the mean time, you may call 850.231.0733.

I hope others will pipe in to talk about the Flaws. I'm biased, but I think they are a pretty talented and hilarious group. I love their shows.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

I have not yet seen the Flaws, but they are on my list. I personally know two of them, and they are about the funniest people I know. Be careful if you have lunch with them. If you are drinking Pepsi, it really burns when it comes out your nose, as you hold in your laugh.

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
I have not yet seen the Flaws, but they are on my list. I personally know two of them, and they are about the funniest people I know. Be careful if you have lunch with them. If you are drinking Pepsi, it really burns when it comes out your nose, as you hold in your laugh.

I can back you up on that. I was dancing with two of them last night and was laughing so hard I had to stop and catch my breath.

GraysonDave

Beach Comber
May 13, 2007
Thanks for the replies. I too inspire laughter with my dancing, but it's probably different with these guys.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Oh my God! I saw both shows tonight and they were great. You are in for a real treat with either show, but I recommend making it a full night and seeing both! :clap:

GraysonDave

Beach Comber
May 13, 2007
Joe, I have three daughters aged 19, 17, and 14. Do you think the show is appropriate for a 14 year old? One of her favorite TV shows is Whose Line Is It Anyway?, so I think she'll like the show. The ad says they don't resort to vulgar language. Do they avoid the f-bombs?

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
The flaws make it a point not to resort to vulgarity, and it is a welcome change from what is currently considered ok. All in any family are safe to watch the Basic Character Flaws. Checkov is also safe. "hell' is the most offensive word used. And as an added bonus, the Von Goofs have graced us with their talents during intermission. Think hair raising feats not to tried at home without supervision from a professional.

Last edited: