• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
@Jenksy

I mentioned earlier i support the constitution and C. Jones has no clue what that is. Here is proof!

Borrowed from @Danny Glidewell.

Citizen participation in our governmental functions is vital to a vibrant and responsive government. Our elected officials should do everything possible to encourage citizens to get involved in their government. Acknowledging this principle of good government is why I was so disappointed today at the Beach Activities Workshop at the Courthouse Annex. The Commission cut the public comment from 3 to 2 minutes per person at the request of the Chairperson. The commissioners ran for the office they hold and no one forced anyone to run for the position. So the reduction of citizen comment time in order to shorten the meeting is absolutely wrong. We can do better and must demand that our elected officials listen to our concerns and ideas.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
To have a tool to silence the truth.

Complicated issues take more than 2 or 3 minutes to explain.

Funny how when an attorney from a favorable side to the BCC can run on and on and on.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
To have a tool to silence the truth.

Complicated issues take more than 2 or 3 minutes to explain.

Funny how when an attorney from a favorable side to the BCC can run on and on and on.

It doesn't have to be an attorney...C.Jones "friends" or someone who favors her agenda have always gotten away with more than 3 minutes.

By law the council can not interrupt a speaker during their 3 minutes either but if Ursula doesn't like what someone has to say she will and has interrupted them and told them to sit down.If they refuse she will have the bailiff remove them from a public meeting. Watched her do it many times.