1. Hello everyone - with recent Forum upgrade, here are a few issues you may need help with. Thanks for your patience!

- some accounts with same email address were merged. So if you have any login issues, send us a message with your username and email address and we'll sort it out.
    - the Forum App is no longer needed and has been disabled. The site is now mobile-friendly. Just browse to http://SoWal.com/forum"> on your phone's browser and tap "add to home screen".
    - Click Here for help, more info, and to post questions / give feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

cobia running

Discussion in 'Sports and Recreation' started by Smiling JOe, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

The boats are out and chasing cobia up and down the beaches. I hear reports of several nice catches today and yesterday. Sam Wesley, out of Grayton Beach, is reported to have caught a 60 lb cobia earlier today (Friday).

2. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

:clap_1:

3. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    I love watching all of the boats go up and down the coastline today. And what a beautiful day it is!:clap_1:

4. TNJed

TNJed Beach Fanatic

Just in from Seacrest and saw a 6'-7' shark munching on the boat's leftovers from this mornings cobia run. Probably no more than 4' from the shore. Several cleaned cobia heads and bones floating around out there.

Do these boats clean the fish on the boats and then toss the rest in the water? Good way to chum it up for the big fins!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  5. pgurney

pgurney Beach Fanatic

:eek:
    Where in Seacrest?

6. TNJed

TNJed Beach Fanatic

Right in front of Sandcliffs condos. About 20 people ran down to the beach to check it out.

Was there for about 10 minutes then swam away. Didn't see which direction. I was haulin' chairs!

7. BeachSteelers

BeachSteelers Beach Fanatic

Hate to say it but folks from those boats toss all kinds of stuff of their boats. If their cleaning the Cobia onboard and tossing the head and rest then I suggest they've gone beyond the limit of 1 per angler per day. On a good note I saw about 40+ turtles in 2 days of cruisin and my legal Cobia soaking in Italian dressing right now.