• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kirstenOn30A

Beach Comber
Nov 30, 2005
Dune Allen
Hey everybody,
My name is Kirsten and I have lived here in Walton county for 20-some years. I grew up on the beaches of south Walton playing in the surf and sand. I just graduated from FSU in December with a Business degree. I have put myself through school with a few scholarships but mostly I have worked in the area since I was 12 years old.
I have been very lucky to be granted an opportunity to travel to Central America with the company, Sustainable Harvest International. This company is an American based company that works in central America to educate rural farmers on the harmful effects of slash and burn farming in the rain forest. This company buys rain forest and turns it into national forest and protects that forest. The company also buys arable land and teaches organic growing techniques. There is so much to this program, and I encourage you to check out the website. http://www.sustainableharvest.org/
I have been in contact with Luis, the program director in Panama, and he expressed an need for volunteers. I have signed up to volunteer with this program for the months of March and April.
I am currently looking for sponsors for this trip.

I am having a fund raiser this weekend, February 2, to be exact. It will be held at Cafe Rendezvous in Seaside. If you make a donation then you will be rewarded with wine, sushi, and a good feeling in your heart that you are helping needy people and the environment at the same time. The "party to plant the seed of hope" starts at 7:00Pm. There will be party favors, raffle tickets, and beautiful tee-shirts. I would be honored to be the ambassador of peace and good will from Walton County to an area that homes some of the most pristine forests in the world. To do this I need you support.
Please call me if you want more information on donations or volunteering. My number is (850)225-0060 and my email is kirstenplummer@hotmail.com.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this post!
Peace,
Kirsten:blush:

Again Kirsten,
We want to let you know that we support all of your efforts! Not only are you going to be working with some very nice people, but you will be working with them in their language and with their culture in mind. The advisers that you are working with were born and raised in Panama and they are thrilled that you are coming down with donations to help them. We love the fact that you are keeping a travel blog so that everyone can see how they are helping out! Please tell everyone more about the website that you are keeping.
On Saturday, February 2, when you make a donation to sponsor Kirsten, she will keep you informed with how your money is being spent. A dollar goes a long way down there.

This party is going to rock! The joy of giving will be all around! Let's :Ddrink,:D eat and :Dbe merry! This weather is cold and rainy so lets bring in our own sunshine! Hope you all can make it, the party of the year!
Cafe Rendezvous

kirstenOn30A

Beach Comber
Nov 30, 2005
Dune Allen
Thanks Cafe Rendezvous,
just a reminder that this party to plant the seed of hope is tonight. The party starts at 7:00 and will run until it's over. I hope to see everyone there. Also I have the our new website up. Please stop by and check it out.
WWW.waltonintheworld.org
Have a wonderful day and see you soon!

Last edited: